- Email: Caroline.Sanches@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.684.4996
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Caroline Sanches is an associate in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice.
Caroline practices in the areas of insurance law, complex commercial litigation, maritime law, civil law, and international law. She represents a variety of clients, from large corporations and national insurance companies to private individuals.
Drawing on her experience researching and drafting motions, as well as working on contracts and agreements, Caroline advises and represents clients in insurance coverage disputes, contractual disputes, unjust enrichment cases, non-compete cases, vessel allisions, international public policy disputes, and numerous other matters.
While in law school, Caroline studied in Rhodes, Greece, as part of Tulane University Law School's Maritime Law Program. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, she worked at several prominent law firms in the New Orleans area.
"Arrested Development: An Examination of Carriers' Arrest Defense Under the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act and the Tort of Financial Unseaworthiness," Tulane Maritime Law Journal, Vol. 40, Issue 1, Winter 2015
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
US District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Women's International Shipping and Trade Association ("WISTA")
Tulane University Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2016
- Managing Editor, Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- CALI Award for Excellence: Regulation of Shipping
- Max Nathan Honorarium Scholarship
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Classical Studies, cum laude, 2013