- Email: David.Ryan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.712.2804
- Fax: 971.712.2801
David Ryan is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, and Insurance Law Practices. He also has experience in environmental remediation matters, including the associated insurance coverage issues that arise from site clean-ups. Mr. Ryan specializes in civil litigation, with emphasis in professional malpractice and medical liability, particularly in the hospital and long-term care settings, in addition to insurance coverage. As a trial lawyer, he has arbitration and trial experience in defense of personal injury cases, primarily involving malpractice, product, and premises liability claims, as well as environmental and property damage claims and assorted insurance coverage disputes.
- “Punitive Damages Against Healthcare Providers in the Healthcare Reform Era,” AHLA Physicians Practice Group Newsletter, February 2010; AAOS Now, February 2010.
- Prepared and published 1999 and 2003 chapter supplements for “Steps to Be Taken Following the Loss,” Oregon State Bar Insurance Law CLE materials.
- Prepared materials and served as faculty member for CLE seminars including “How to Litigate Your First Civil Trial in Oregon,” 2002; “Litigation Skills for Oregon Paralegals,” 2002; “Evidence for the Litigation Paralegal,” 2000.
Mr. Ryan serves on the Board of Directors of the Lake Oswego Soccer Club (youth), and previously served on the Board and Executive Committee of the Greater Portland Soccer District, an adult, amateur league. He also volunteers as a youth soccer coach and coordinator for LOSC and previously coached youth baseball and soccer in several other Portland-area leagues.
Mr. Ryan served for several years as a mentor for first-year law students at Northwestern School of Law at Lewis and Clark College.
- “Restraint & Seclusion Techniques: Know Your Legal Risks,” Presenter and preparation of course materials for Lorman Education Services, July 2012.
- “Restraint & Seclusion Techniques: Know Your Legal Risks,” Presenter and preparation of course materials for Lorman Education Services, 2011.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States District Court for the District of Washington
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Lewis and Clark Law School (formerly Northwestern Law School)
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1995
- Certificate in Environmental Law, 1995
The College of William and Mary
Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy, 1991