- Email: Paul.Rupprecht@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2000
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Paul J. Rupprecht is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the General Liability, Aviation, and Insurance Law Practices.
Mr. Rupprecht has been able to practice in diverse areas of the legal profession due to his engineering, operations, and legal experiences. He has defended clients in industries such as aviation, oil and gas, transportation and medical devices on matters including property loss, personal injury, wrongful death, product defect, fire and explosion, and premises liability. By combining law and science, Paul has been very successful in resolving most of his matters with great outcomes for his clients. Mr. Rupprecht previously practiced at boutique aviation and insurance defense law firms.
Prior to beginning his legal career, Paul was a senior systems engineer at Lockheed Martin Space Systems of Denver, Colorado, where he was the team lead of the launch vehicle and satellite readiness and ground systems engineering teams. Before working at Lockheed Martin, Paul was an instructor and evaluator pilot at United Airlines and honorably served in the U.S Air Force Reserves at the Chicago and Colorado Springs units.
In addition to practicing as a litigation attorney, Paul acted as general counsel for a developing aircraft charter services company by addressing employment, workers’ compensation, corporate transactions and resolutions, litigation and settlement actions.
Mr. Rupprecht volunteers his time as scoutmaster, merit badge counselor, and shooting sports instructor for a Scout Troop and committee member and adviser at a Venture Crew.
- Transportation Law Journal: “Bridge Failures in the United States Potential Remedies for Injured Parties Case Study: I-35W Minneapolis Bridge Collapse”
- Colorado Pilots Association Flight Lines: “What’s Your Angle – General Aviation Angle of Attack Indicators”
- Law Week Colorado: “To Be or Not to Be: College Athletic Unions?”
National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Advanced Deposition Course
August 1989 - August 1999: U.S. Air Force Reserve, Military Lead Tactical Airlift Aircraft Commander on Lockheed C-130H aircraft.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Scouts of America Scoutmaster and Asst. Scoutmaster, Venture Crew Committee Member, and Cub Scout Adult Leader.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Colorado Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Awards & Honors
- Pi Tau Sigma National Honorary Mechanical Engineering Society
- Tau Beta Pi National Honorary Engineering Society
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2010
Transportation Law Journal, Staff Editor, Technical Editor and Executive Editor
Illinois Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, 1985
- Rhodes Scholarship Candidate
- Lincoln Academy-Illinois Student Laureate Award
- Represented a brazed aluminum heat exchanger manufacturer in a subrogation matter against a $20M dispute due to alleged loss of production and property damages resulting in a stipulated dismissal by opposing party.
- Represented a natural gas compressor manufacturer against a defective product manufacture claim due to the alleged failure of the unit causing personal injuries to a contractor resulting in dismissal of client, as production company did not follow commissioning checklist on unit.
- Represented decedent pilot’s estate against wrongful death claims by decedent occupants’ families resulting in total defense verdict.
- Represented a medevac helicopter carrier against a wrongful death case which resulted in low settlement amount.
- Represented at trial and on appeal food manufacturer against personal injury claims from pulmonary dysfunction allegedly due to manufacturer’s failure to warn the harmful effects of inhaling butter flavoring ingredient, which resulted in a reasonable settlement.
- Represented medical device manufacturers against claims of defective manufacturing of portable oxygen concentrators and generators resulting in no or low settlement amounts on behalf of clients.
- Represented a landlord from premises liability and negligent personal injury claims due to a slip and fall incident resulting in dismissal of claims based on discovery that utility company was responsible for the insufficient asphalt repairs.
- Represented a petroleum field services company in defense against personal injury claims by field workers of another entity injured during an explosion of a 300-barrel condensate tank during cleaning operations resulting in a shared defendants’ settlement.
- Represented a bowling establishment against a guest claiming personal injuries from entering and slipping on the oiled bowling lane resulting in minimal settlement.
- Represented client electronic navigation device manufacturer against alleged defective product manufacture resulting in dismissal due to causation of fire determined as other defendant’s defective product manufacture of its bus module against water penetration.
- Represented gaseous and liquid oxygen cylinder manufacturer against property damage claims allegedly due to defective manufacture of cylinders causing total loss of light-duty truck from the ensuing fire accelerated by oxygen chemical leakage resulting in dismissal of client.
- Advised insurance carrier to settle subrogation matter due to negligence of insured in low property damages amount from water intrusion of medical equipment caused by insured.
- Advised insurance carrier on coverage analysis regarding insured airport operator’s request for defense against homeowners for alleging excessive noise pollution from operator’s aircraft.
- Represented plaintiff tenant against landlord due to personal injuries caused by rental property not properly electrically grounded resulting in substantial settlement to client.
- Represented plaintiffs in civil rights claims against university for mistreatment by campus police.