- Email: Christopher.Ruppert@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.281.5252
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Christopher Ruppert is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Workers’ Compensation Practice. His practice focuses on Workers’ Compensation litigation and he has extensive experience litigating cases in multiple Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards throughout California from San Diego to San Francisco. Mr. Ruppert is based out of our Los Angeles office and he currently litigates cases in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Long Beach, Van Nuys, Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, Pomona, San Bernardino, Oxnard, and Santa Barbara.
Mr. Ruppert specializes in counseling employers, large insurance companies, and third party administrators on a variety of state workers’ compensation compliance and labor law issues.
Mr. Ruppert has taken many cases to trial and has obtained favorable verdicts for his clients which have reduced their overall exposure to liability on a variety of complex cases.
- Workers' Compensation Defense Associate Attorney, September 2012-April 2014
- Defended large insurance carriers and third party administrators regarding all manner of workers' compensation claims from inception to closure.
- Sole Practitioner, August 2009-August 2012
- Represented clients in a variety of matters including tax litigation, family law, debt collection, civil litigation support, contracts, entity formation, and 501(c)(3) non-profit formation.
- Consulted with other firms as a contract attorney on a variety of matters.
Presented on topics regarding Low Income Taxpayer Clinics at the National Legal Aid Defenders Association Annual Conference in Washington D.C.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States Tax Court
United States Tax Court
United States District Court, Central District of California
Awards & Honors
- Certificate of Recognition for Pro Bono Service from the Oregon State Bar
- Certificate of Recognition for Mediation Service in Lane County Circuit Court, Oregon
University of Oregon School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2008
University of California Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Arts in English, 2005