- Email: Todd.Romano@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 401.406.3308
- Fax: 401.406.3312
Todd Romano is a partner in the Providence office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Workers' Compensation Practice.
Todd has a broad practice that ranges from liability defense to land use law to the criminal prosecution of misdemeanor offenses. His practice, however, has focused on liability defense and other civil litigation. Todd represents businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts in the defense of premises liability claims, automobile accidents, and products liability cases. In addition, Todd has experience representing clients in breach of contract claims, against title insurance claims, in various collections matters and in landlord-tenant disputes. Todd has been an Assistant Solicitor to local municipalities serving as legal counsel to the Zoning Board and prosecuting misdemeanor crimes and housing violations.
Todd is experienced in all aspects of litigation from preparing initial pleadings to conducting discovery all the way through trial and appeal. Of significance, he has drafted and successfully argued motions to dismiss and for summary judgment; obtained a significant number of arbitration awards that were favorable to his clients; successfully resolved disputes through mediation; been involved in jury and bench trials; and drafted memorandums to the Rhode Island Supreme Court and successfully argued before it.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, he was a associate attorney at a well respected local firm for 17 years. Before that he served as a law clerk to the Connecticut Superior Court and while in law school, served as a student law clerk to Judge Arthur Votolato of the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Rhode Island.
- Clark v. Buttonwoods Beach Ass'n, 226 A.3d 683 (R.I. 2020)
- Christy's Auto Rentals, Inc. v. Mass. Homeland Ins. Co., 204 A.3d 1071 (R.I. 2019)
- Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc. v. Scalise, WC-2017-56, 2020 R.I.Super.Lexis17 (R.I. Superior Ct. 2020) (Thunberg, J.)
- Megawatt Energy Sols. LLC v. Town of Smithfield Zoning Board, PC-2017-5888, 2018 R.I.Super.Lexis97 (R.I. Superior Ct. 2018)
- Ahmed v. St. Josephs Hlth Serv. of R.I., 22 A.3d 380 (R.I. 2011)
State Bar Admissions
- Rhode Island
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
Rhode Island Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers - Rhode Island Rising Star, Civil Litigation Defense, 2012
Roger Williams University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2003
- Moot Court Board 2002-2003 and Intra-School Competition Chair, Member
- School of Law Honor Board 2001-2003, Chair during 2002-2003 term Student Chapter President, Justinian Law Society, Member
- Roger Williams University American Inns of Court, Member
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina
Bachelor of Arts Political Science, 1995
- Selected to hold leadership positions in the Corps of Cadets sophomore, junior and senior years.
- Selected to Who's Who in Colleges and University, 1995 Editor in Chief of the 1995 Citadel yearbook, The Sphynx