- Email: Leron.Rogers@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 404.418.7166
- Fax: 404.467.8845
Leron Rogers is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Business Practices and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. Mr. Rogers represents institutional and individual clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation proceedings, business and commercial transactions, entertainment, technology and media law. He counsels these clients on various topics related to business disputes, litigation prevention, crises management as well as non-litigation matters, frequently in the capacity of outside general counsel.
As a litigator, Mr. Rogers has extensive experience in state and federal courts as well as arbitrations and mediations across numerous industries including entertainment, media, technology, finance, real estate, insurance and transportation. Mr. Rogers has represented clients in a range of matters including disputes arising from breach of contracts, shareholder disputes, corporate misappropriation of assets, intellectual property disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, partnerships and joint ventures.
In the entertainment and sports industries, Mr. Rogers is experienced in representing high profile celebrities in their professional and business ventures, as well as corporations that conduct business in the entertainment and sports industries.
- March 07, 2019 Atlanta Entertainment, Media & Sports Team Obtains Summary Judgment in High-Profile Music Case
- February 22, 2019 Atlanta Team Closes Major Super Bowl Activation Deal
- February 21, 2019 Lewis Brisbois Closes Major Sports Stadium Sponsorship Deal
- Represented companies that have conducted both state specific and national sweepstakes, contests and promotions both involving contests of luck and contests of skill.
- Successfully defended nationally distributed magazine against $30 Million dollar defamation lawsuit.
- Successfully defended Oscar winning celebrity in breach of contract lawsuit.
- Successfully defended nationally recognized music artist in breach of contract claim brought by event promoter.
- Defended nationally recognized celebrity against seven figure claim for wrongful detention and assault by security personnel. Successfully obtained summary judgment after case was in default for over one year. Defended case on appeal and at Supreme Court of Georgia. (Reported case: Keisha Herring v. Steve Harvey).
- Successfully represented national digital distributor in action against American Idol contestant Larry Platt regarding the distribution rights to the music recording "Pants On The Ground".
- Recovered investment on behalf of investors in corporate misappropriation claim against majority shareholder of corporation.
- Defended borrower in seven figure deficiency claim brought by lender.
- Represent financial institutions to enforce borrowers’ contractual payment obligations.
- Represented technology company through several rounds of venture capital funding.
- Negotiated numerous recording, distribution, publishing, licensing, branding, endorsement and marketing agreements.
- General counsel to a national transportation company.
- Represented borrowers in mortgage fraud claims brought by lender.
- Professional sports clients include members of the New York Mets, Arizona Diamondback, Pittsburgh Pirates, Texas Rangers, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, and the San Francisco 49ers.
- “Setting High Standards for Diversity”, Multi-Cultural Law Magazine, 2012
- “Practice Group Profile”, Attorney At Law Magazine, August 2012
- Uptown Professional Magazine, October/November 2012
- "The Ringer", Fulton County Daily Report, 2010
- "Rift Over Royalties", Chicago Tribune, 2009"Double Agent", Rolling Out Magazine, 2008
- "Pure Entertainment", Florida State University Law Journal, 2008
- "Law's Premier Balancing Act", Atlanta Tribune: The Magazine, 2005
- Drafted, Atlanta Braves, 1989
State Bar Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia, Entertainment and Sports Law Section, Board Member
- Future of Music Coalition, Advisory Board
- American Bar Association, Business Law/Entertainment and Sports Law/Technology Sections
- International Association of Entertainment Lawyers
- National Association of Recording Arts and Sciences
- Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association, Board Member
Awards & Honors
Atlanta Catalyst Award, 2012
Florida State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1999
Texas State University
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 1993