- Email: Thalia.Rofos@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5580
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Thalia Rofos is an associate in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She represents clients in a variety of employment matters including discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment, and wage and hour disputes.
She has extensive past experience in insurance defense litigation cases, which have included medical malpractice, construction defect, products liability, premises liability, auto and trucking accidents. She has experience representing clients from receipt of the claim through the end of trial, with favorable verdicts.
As someone who has focused her legal education and career on oral advocacy, Thalia effectively litigates for her clients both inside and outside the courtroom. She is licensed in California, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Thalia began her legal career in Philadelphia, working for a regional law firm specializing in insurance defense. Afterwards, she joined a boutique law firm in Orange County prior to joining Lewis Brisbois.
- “Court Grants Temporary Restraining Order Preventing Enforcement of AB 51,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, January 3, 2020
- “California Court of Appeal Holds Service Charges May Be Considered Gratuity,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, December 06, 2019
- “California Enacts Statutes Expanding Scope of Employee Lawsuits & Restricting No-Rehire Provisions in Settlement Agreements,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, October 31, 2019
- “California Amends FEHA, Broadens Scope of Race Discrimination Claims to Include Discrimination Based on Hairstyle,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, July 19, 2019
- “California Court of Appeal Clarifies Application of the ABC Test for Independent Contractors,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, November 19, 2018
- “California’s Going and Coming Rule: Frequent Use of Your Car Throughout the Work Day Doesn’t Mean Your Employer Pays for Your Accidents,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, July 10, 2018
- “California Supreme Court Adopts Stricter Test for Independent Contractor Status Under the Wage Orders,” Lewis Brisbois Legal Alert, May 15, 2018
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Public Law Center of Orange County
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court for the Central District of California
Awards & Honors
"Ones to Watch," Labor and Employment Law - Management, Best Lawyers, 2021
Villanova University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
Johns Hopkins University
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, 2011
- Minor in Spanish for the Professions