- Email: Jesse.Rodgers@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 303.562.9765
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Jesse D. Rodgers is a partner in the Denver and New York offices of Lewis Brisbois and member of the Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation Practice. Jesse joined Lewis Brisbois in 2013 as an associate attorney specializing in asbestos and toxic tort matters. His additional areas of practice include general liability, products liability, professional malpractice, and premises liability claims. He has successfully prepared and argued numerous motions, including motions for summary judgment, motions to compel discovery and motions in limine. He has also assisted partners in litigating appeals in the Colorado Court of Appeals. Jesse practices in the state and federal courts of Colorado, New York and New Jersey.
After graduating law school in 2011, Jesse served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable N. Peter Conforti, J.S.C., of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Sussex County. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Jesse practiced at a New Jersey-based regional law firm where he focused his practice in general liability and toxic tort matters.
During law school, Jesse served as the Senior Notes Editor of the Seton Hall Legislative Journal, and participated in Seton Hall Law's Civil Litigation Clinic. He interned with the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden, U.S.D.J., of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. During his last two years of law school, he served as a Research Assistant for Professor Bernard K. Freamon.
Jesse has served as a court-appointed mediator for the Superior Court of New Jersey. He has also successfully represented clients at trial who have been charged with criminal offenses in New Jersey municipal courts.
- “US Supreme Court’s new season includes key environment cases”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 29, No. 7 (October 2018)
- “Ruling on natural gas wells may disappoint environmental NGOs”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 29, No. 3 (June 2018)
- “Colorado River case highlights needs for ‘right to life’ for rivers”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 28, No. 9 (December 2017)
- “Trump order raises questions on future of US climate policy”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 28, No. 1 (April 2017)
- “Trump election signals change in U.S. environmental policies”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 27, No. 8 (November 2016)
- “Regulatory reaction possible to increased marijuana cultivation”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 27, No. 3 (June 2016)
- “US election could tip the scales on dispute over EPA guidelines”, Guest Columnist, Environment: Policy & Law, Vol. 26, No. 12 (March 2016)
- "Mortgage Modification Meltdown: When Will Congress Take the Plight of Homeowners Seriously?", 35 Seton Hall Legis. J. 130 (December 2010) - Seton Hall Legislative Journal
- 2008-Present, Regional Admissions Volunteer, Boston University
- 2018-Present, Mentor, University of Denver Sturm College of Law Professional Mentoring Program
- In July 2018, won summary judgment in a Denver County District Court on behalf of three individual attorneys and three law firms in a legal malpractice case in which the plaintiff alleged professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and breach of contract. Jesse helped obtain an award for costs and fees for these clients as well.
- In November 2017, argued and won partial motion to dismiss in a Bergen County, New Jersey products liability case involving a lithium ion e-cigarette battery.
- In September 2016, co-chaired a trial in the NYC Asbestos Litigation on behalf of a Fortune 500 electrical distribution company, assisting lead trial counsel and national counsel.
- In July 2014, argued and won summary judgment in a Middlesex County, New Jersey asbestos case.
- In 2013, obtained defense verdict at a criminal bench trial on behalf of indigent defendant in Mount Olive Township, New Jersey on charges of assault and trespassing.
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
United States District Court, District of Colorado
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, 2017-Present, Denver Bar Association
- Member, 2017-Present, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, 2012-Present, New York State Bar Association
- Member, 2011-Present, New Jersey State Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Guest Columnist – Environment: Policy & Law (Ontario, Canada)
- 2013 Empire State Counsel, for substantial pro bono services by the New York State Bar Association
Seton Hall University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2011
Bachelor of Arts in History and International Relations, 2007