- Email: Erica.Rocush@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.7837
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Erica Rocush is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She also practices in California. Ms. Rocush devotes her legal practice to management-side employment law litigation and advice and counseling. Her clients range from small partnerships to large international companies, and they operate across multiple industries, including construction, aerospace, manufacturing, education, retail and healthcare. She represents clients in all aspects of litigation and agency proceedings in cases involving claims alleging discrimination based on sex, race, national origin, religion, disability, and others; retaliation; failure to accommodate; violation of wage and hour laws; and breach of contract under both state and federal law.
Erica defends clients in single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff and class and collective actions. She has represented employers in a variety of wage and hour class and collective actions involving claims of employee misclassification, failure to pay overtime, failure to provide meal and rest breaks, and other alleged violations of California, Arizona and federal law; leading and co-leading the defense team and developing strategy, managing discovery, directing case management, performing class and collective action analysis, and drafting class and collective action certification and decertification motion practice. She also advises and counsels clients on best practices for avoiding litigation and on employee-related policies and procedures, including performing handbook analysis for compliance with state and federal laws, conducting exemption status analysis and advising on discipline and termination decisions, drafting handbooks and policies and providing training on such policies.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Erica worked in Arizona and San Francisco as an associate and shareholder for a national employment and labor specialty firm. Erica began her legal career in Tucson, Arizona, working as an associate in the employment law group of a large regional law firm.
Related Legal Alerts
- November 01, 2018 2018 Arizona Employment Law Update
- September 27, 2018 Ninth Circuit Delimits Use of Tip Credit for Tipped Employees Engaging in Untipped Duties
- March 16, 2018 United States Department of Labor Announces New Wage Audit Program for Employers
- January 22, 2018 New Tax Cut Bill Gives Nod to #MeToo Movement
Erica regularly provides training seminars to clients on a variety of employment-related topics, from wage and hour updates to social media policy tips. She was a presenter at the Arizona Society of Human Resource Management's annual law and legislative conference in 2015 and 2016.
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
District of Arizona
District of Oregon
Northern District of California
Eastern District of California
Central District of California
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Society for Human Resources Management - Greater Phoenix Chapter
University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2001
- Managing Editor, Arizona Law Review
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, Economics and Romance Languages, 1996