- Email: Thomas.Rantas@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 973.792.8745
- Fax: 973.577.6261
Thomas Rantas is a partner in the Newark office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice.
He is an experienced and effective advocate who represents clients in a wide variety of complex civil, commercial, insurance and professional liability matters. He focuses his professional malpractice defense practice on the representation of attorneys and insurance brokers and agents. He also regularly represents insurers in complex coverage and bad faith disputes.
In addition to his litigation practice, Tom has significant experience in providing counseling to insurers and corporations on various legal, business and regulatory issues. He specializes in providing opinions to insurers on coverage issues involving all types of insurance policies.
In 2016, the New Jersey Supreme Court appointed Tom to the District XA Ethics Committee. He currently serves as a member of the committee.
- Cypress Point Condo. Ass'n, Inc. v. Adria Towers, LLC, 441 N.J. Super. 369 (App. Div. 2015), aff'd, 226 N.J. 403 (2016).
- Hedinger & Lawless, LLC v. Betal Enters., Inc., 2011 N.J. Super Unpub. LEXIS 590, 2011 WL 813047 (App. Div. 2011).
- Rabinowitz v. Wahrenberger, 406 N.J. Super. 126, 966 , 966 A. 2d 1091 (App. Div. 2009).
- Co-Author, "Managing Expectations in the Tripartite Relationship" -International Association of Defense Counsel Professional Liability Roundtable; 2013
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, District XA Ethics Committee
- Pupil, William J. Brennan, Jr. Inn of Court, 2003-2005
Awards & Honors
Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2021
Albany School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2001
Bachelor of Arts, 1998