- Email: Jason.Powers@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 346.241.4956
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Jason A. Powers is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Powers graduated from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 2000 and became licensed to practice in Texas. Powers has tried over 130 trials to jury and has argued in front of the 14th and 1st Court of Appeals and the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jackson v. Gutierrez, 77 S.W. 3d 898 (Tex.App.--Houston [14th Dist])
- “The Trial of the Century”, Texas Claims Association Annual Meeting, September 8, 2001.
- “Complying with Insurance Code & DOI Regulations”, Texas Claims Association Seminar, March 2, 2001.
- “Prosecuting and Defending Insurance Coverage Disputes”, Texas Claims Association Seminar, March 2, 2001.
- “Have You Been Stowered?”, Legal Update, Summer 2001. “Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims”, Trinity Insurance Company, October, 2001.
- “Trial Techniques and Strategies”, Houston Claims Association Seminar, February 13, 2002.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Member, Academy of Trucking Accident Attorneys
- Member, Trucking Trial Lawyers-Top 10
Awards & Honors
- Houston's Top Lawyers, H Magazine, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013
- Houston’s Best Lawyers under 40 in 2007 and 2008
- Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” By Law & Politics Media in 2008
- Super Lawyer in 2005
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2000
Masters in Business Administration
University of Mississippi
Bachelor of Science