- Email: Alice.Powers@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2028
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Alice Conway Powers is a partner in the Denver and San Francisco offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Her practice focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation, in both Colorado and California.
Ms. Powers represents clients in all aspects of employment litigation in both federal and state courts. She has litigated both traditional labor and employment cases before federal and state judges in several bench trials. Ms. Powers has tried a variety of employment claims and received a decision in the employer’s favor in binding arbitration. She has extensive proficiency in meeting clients’ needs in pre-litigation demands, from the administrative arena to state and federal courts.
Ms. Powers’ experience covers litigating all aspects of discrimination and harassment claims, sexual assault cases, disability claims, housing cases and retaliation and wrongful termination claims. She has also successfully mediated many employment matters. Ms. Powers has represented companies in wage and hour and misclassification claims, as well as during Department of Labor audits, and has handled prevailing wage matters at the state and federal level. She has experience with a variety of class actions as well, in both state and federal courts, on a wide range of legal issues, including discrimination and wage and hour claims. Ms. Powers has substantial experience appearing before state and federal administrative agencies, including the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Colorado Civil Rights Division and the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Ms. Powers regularly advises clients on employment questions in both California and Colorado. Her expertise also includes ensuring employee handbooks and corporate employment policies are compliant with current law. Ms. Powers frequently speaks at continuing education events on a variety of employment topics, and trains companies on employment best practices. She is also the past Chair of the Employment Law Committee for the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association.
Related Legal Alerts
- September 13, 2017 Lewis Brisbois to Sponsor Colo. Employment Law Conference
Related Webinars & Seminars
- March 21, 2019 Employment I: #MeToo
- How to Hire Your First Employee, or, Do You Know What You Do Not Know?, January 17, 2018
- How to Hire Your First Employee, or, Do You Know What You Do Not Know?, April 11, 2018
- Wage & Hour Update for the Labor & Employment Section of the Colorado Bar Association, May 17, 2018
- Employment Law Seminar sponsored by the Labor & Employment Section of the Colorado Bar Association, September 22-24, 2018
Ms. Powers has written and leads training seminars on Employment Law Issues for companies of all sizes.
- "Let's Be Blunt: The 'Growth' of Marijuana Legislation and its Impact on Insureds," 2018 Argo Panel Meeting, Speaker and Presenter, May 18, 2018
State Bar Admissions
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Golden Gate University
Juris Doctor, 1997
Eastern Connecticut State University
Bachelor of Arts, double major, magna cum laude, 1994