- Email: Rebecca.Pollack@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.712.2804
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Rebecca Pollack is an associate in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice. She leverages her business background and education in technology and privacy law to help clients proactively address data privacy and security risks, and respond to data security incidents.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Rebecca worked in-house for a number of technology companies in the Portland area. While in-house, she helped businesses maintain compliance with privacy laws, such as US state and sectoral privacy laws and the General Data Protection Regulation. This consisted of drafting and implementing various policies and procedures and conducting annual privacy compliance audits. Additionally, she worked on business transactional matters, including drafting and negotiating customer agreements and amendments, vendor contracts, and data processing agreements.
Rebecca holds the Certified Information Privacy Professional credentials for both the United States (CIPP/US) and Europe (CIPP/E), in addition to the Certified Information Privacy Manager credential (CIPM). Currently, she serves as a Young Privacy Professional for the Portland KnowledgeNet chapter of the IAPP.
- Innovation v. Exploitation: Is it Time to Update the DMCA Safe Harbors? , 34 ENT. & SPORTS LAW, 2018
CoP17 Review, 23.2 LEWIS & CLARK ANIMAL L. REV. 539, 2017
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
State Bar Admissions
- Young Privacy Professional, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Executive Committee Secretary & Member, Oregon State Bar, Technology Law Section
- Multnomah Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
Awards & Honors
Entertainment Law Initiative Writing Competition Winner, January 2018
Lewis & Clark Law School
Juris Doctor, with Intellectual Property Law Certificate, May 2018
- Vice President, Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Society
- Managing Editor, Animal Law Review
- Pro Bono & Community Service Honors Program Recipient, April 2017
University of Puget Sound
Bachelor of Arts, Honors Business and Leadership Program, May 2013