- Email: Hope.Phelps@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.372.6652
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Hope A. Phelps is an associate in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice. Previously, she worked with insurance defense firms, where she represented national chain restaurants, retailers, and hotels in Louisiana state and federal courts, as well as U.S. government contractors and maritime employers in administrative proceedings.
As a litigation associate, Hope successfully argued multiple motions for summary judgment in premises liability cases across Louisiana. During law school, she served as a Student Attorney with Loyola's Family Law Clinic and represented three children in a contested custody trial in Orleans Parish Civil District Court before Judge Monique Barial. Hope also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jane Triche-Milazzo of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Planned Parenthood v. Abbott: Evaluating the Admitting Privileges Requirement under the Undue Burden Standard, 61 LOY. L. REV. 437 (2015).
State Bar Admissions
All Louisiana state and federal courts
Awards & Honors
- Law Excellence Award for the highest grade in Insurance Law
- Law Excellence Award for the highest grade in Civil Law Property II
Loyola New Orleans College of Law
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2016
- Loyola Moot Court First Amendment Team, Oralist (2014) and Coach (2016)
- Loyola Law Review
Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, 2013
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology, 2013
- Minor in Latin