- Email: Doug.Pfeifer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 612.428.5006
- Fax: 612.428.5001
Douglas Pfeifer is a partner in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice. He focuses mainly on the areas of product liability, premises liability, and toxic torts litigation. As a former business owner of a company which created marketing, safety, and training materials for major corporations such as 3M, Toro, Metro Transit, and Ecolab, Doug understands the needs of his corporate clients and the products he defends.
Doug has extensive experience representing manufacturers of water treatment systems, chemical products, and chemical dispensing systems in cases involving personal injury, property damage, warranty disputes, and product safety issues. He has particular experience defending water service providers in claims related to Legionnaires disease and other waterborne illnesses, and has handled claims involving chemical exposure, chemical burns, and inhalation and eye injuries. He has represented multiple manufacturing clients on all levels, from small claims court to the appellate level.
In addition, Doug has worked broadly in the field of transportation, especially in litigation concerning motor vehicles. He was part of the national team defending a large automotive manufacturer in its highly publicized unintended acceleration litigation, and he represents corporations in matters concerning motor vehicle accidents involving employees. He is very familiar with accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and general injuries in automotive litigation.
His unique background as a writer and artist enables him to find creative solutions to complex issues. He delves into the details of each claim, thoroughly investigating every aspect to confidently represent his clients in the courtroom and at the bargaining table. Doug believes that an aggressive defense should be carried out in the most civil and ethical manner possible, recognizing that many lawsuits involve parties that wish to have a continuing business relationship once the immediate issue is resolved.
In addition to his practice, Doug provides pro bono legal representation through the Children’s Law Center of Minnesota.
- “What Manufacturers Should Know About Triclosan Findings,” Co-Author, Law360, September 2018
- “Is New Study a Gut-Punch for Triclosan?,” Co-Author, Client Alert, July 2018
- “What’s in the Wash? FDA Rules on Antibacterial Soaps,” Law360, January 2014
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Awards & Honors
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
William Mitchell College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
- William Mitchell Law Review, Staff Member
- Dean’s List
- CALI Award - Business Organization; Evidence; Advocacy
American Film Institute
Directing Fellow, 1990
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Arts, 1987
- Dean’s List
- Virginia M. Binger Scholarship