- Email: Brian.Pete@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1363
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Brian Pete is an associate in the New York and Newark offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Professional Liability Practices. He has significant experience representing businesses in employment related matters involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment ,and violations of wage and hour laws. Mr. Pete assists clients in navigating the complex array of federal, state, and local employment laws by advising on employment agreements, terminations, investigations, severance agreements, and proper classification of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Mr. Pete is also an experienced trial and appellate litigator having handled complex employment and commercial matters from inception through trial and appeal, as well as arbitrations. He regularly appears on behalf of clients in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative agencies including the EEOC, and New York State Division of Human Rights.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Pete represented public school districts in collective bargaining, unfair labor practice proceedings, the defense of union grievances, and First Amendment claims.
Published and Unpublished Decisions
- Ortegas v. G4S Secure Solutions (USA), Inc., 156 A.D.3d 580 (1st Dep’t 2017).
- Adams v. Kent Security of N.Y., Inc., 156 A.D.3d 588 (1st Dep’t 2017).
- Morales v. Hapag-Lloyd AG. (America), et al., 2015 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 9092, 2015 NY Slip Op 09079 (2d Dep’t 2015).
- Josovich v. Ceylan, et al., 133 A.D.3d 570, 19 N.Y.S.3d 554 (2d Dep’t 2015).
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, The New York Foundling
Awards & Honors
Senior Production Editor, NYU Journal of Law & Business
New York University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2011
- Brian served on the editorial board of the New York University Journal of Law and Business and interned with the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
The City University of New York, Macaulay Honors College at Lehman
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008