- Email: Kristen.Perkins@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.939.3365
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Kristen Perkins is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a Vice Chair of the Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation Practices. Kristen handles complex insurance disputes involving a broad range of coverages including employment, commercial general liability, directors & officers, property, and crime. She devotes her practice to assisting clients with all facets of insurance law including: initial coverage determinations, coverage opinions, negotiation, litigation, arbitration, and extra-contractual disputes. Kristen also handles the defense of a wide variety of labor and employment claims, with particular emphasis on matters involving the defense of federal and state discrimination claims, including third-party claims involving disability access, including the defense of website accessibility claims.
She has substantial experience in litigation management and electronic discovery and is a frequent presenter on emerging issues and trends in claims management best practices and labor and employment trends.
- Co-Author, "Website Accessibility Landscape Continues to Lack Clarity as Businesses Await Guidance," Daily Business Review, October 9, 2018
- "ADA Website Accessibility Lawsuits Increase Amidst Lack of DOJ Compliance Guidelines," Daily Business Review, December 15, 2017
- "The Dire Financial Consequences of Misclassifying Your Employees," Daily Business Review, May 23, 2017
- Moderator, "Collaborate, Contribute and Be Creative: How Claims Professionals, Counsel and the Insured Manage Complex Claims Collectively, Part Two" 2018 CLM Midwest Conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 15, 2018
- Co-Presenter, "Website Law: What Every Organization Needs to Know About Ownership, Public Accessibility, Liability and More," webinar, June 5, 2018
- Moderator, "Collaborate, Contribute and Be Creative: How Claims Professionals, Counsel and the Insured Manage Complex Claims Collectively, Part One" 2017 CLM Southeast Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2017
- Panelist, "Dramatic Shifts in Legal and Regulatory EPL Landscape Under the New Administration and the Pathway Forward," 2017 CLM Management and Professional Liability Conference, Boston, Massachusetts, July 2017
- Panelist, "2016 Employment Law Update - From Retaliation to Cutting Edge Evidence Being Offered in Employment Cases. What's Old is New in the Employment Legal Landscape (and What's New is New)," CLM Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee, March 2017
State Bar Admissions
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
University of Miami School of Law
J.D., magna cum laude, 2002
The George Washington University
B.A., Political Science, 1998
- Defends bad faith claims involving personal injury offenses, specialty coverages and first-party property claims.
- Liability defense and coverage counsel for both domestic and international insurers on issues involving excess judgments, employment claims, personal and advertising injury, directors & officers liability, defect and injury claims involving large scale construction projects, interpretation of contract law, indemnity and risk transfer, and punitive damages.
- Defense of employment discrimination, ADA disability and website accessibility cases, retaliation, including Workers' Compensation retaliation claims, product liability, premises liability, and breach of contract cases.