- Email: Samuel.Padua@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 786.725.3252
- Fax: 786.513.2249
Samuel Padua is a partner in the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Construction Practice.
Samuel is a Board Certified Attorney in construction law with his practice concentrated on various areas of construction law including representing architects, engineers and other design professionals as well as developers, contractors and subcontractors in claims and litigation related, but not limited, to:
- architects and engineers professional liability
- construction defects
- catastrophic injuries, wrongful death actions, and personal injury cases related to construction and/or design defects
- commercial disputes between contractors and subcontractors, including construction liens foreclosure actions
- loss prevention counseling of design professionals on behalf of professional liability carriers; and
- review, drafting and negotiation of professional services agreements and construction contracts
Samuel has solid experience investigating and managing claims and litigation related to the professional responsibility of architects, engineers and other specialized design professionals construction defects and; from slip and fall to catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths actions, and from leaky roofs to complex multi-party construction defects cases. He is responsible for a book of cases from the initial investigation, responsive pleadings, discovery, motion practice attending mediation conferences and negotiating settlements, and/or preparing cases for trial.
In order to achieve the desired goal (mostly settling a litigation claim), the work requires working cooperatively with a diverse group of professionals, including company’s executives, in-house attorneys, claims representatives, risk and insurance managers, expert witnesses (architects, engineers, scientists, and economists), and government officials.
Additionally, Samuel is a licensed professional engineer with 18 years of experience as subcontractor, general contractor, and construction manager with a strong technical background and demonstrated ability in leading multi-functional teams in the execution of multi-million dollars, complex, and competitive fast-paced construction projects with changing requirements, demanding schedules and budget constraints, mostly in the heavily regulated bio/pharma manufacturing industry.
Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
Inter-American University of Puerto Rico
Juris Doctor, cum laude
Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico
Master’s in engineering management (MEM)
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering