- Email: Dominique.Oliver@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 505.545.8308
- Fax: 505.828.3900
Dominique C. Oliver is an associate in the Albuquerque office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
Ms. Oliver is originally from Oakland, California and has been living in New Mexico since 2012. Prior to working at Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Oliver worked at a civil defense law firm in Albuquerque where her primary areas of practice included personal injury, wrongful death litigation, premises liability, and insurance defense, including coverage and bad faith litigation.
Ms. Oliver graduated from the American Military University in 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies after earning an Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies from Community College of the Air Force in 2013. She completed 11 years of proud service for the United States Air Force before attending law school at the University of New Mexico School of Law, graduating in 2019. Upon graduation, Ms. Oliver earned the Certificate of Concentration in Indian Law and received the Mary Beth and W. Richard West, Jr. Award, recognizing excellence in Indian Law. She also served as Citations Editor for the UNM Tribal Law Journal, was selected for the Arturo Jaramillo Summer Law Clerk Program, earned the Reeve Swainston Veteran's Scholarship, and achieved Honor Roll or Dean's List honors throughout law school.
Ms. Oliver is very active in the legal community. She currently serves as a board member for both the New Mexico Black Lawyers Association and the Indian Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico. She is licensed in the New Mexico State Courts, the United States District Court for New Mexico, and the Tenth Circuit District Court. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the National Bar Association, the New Mexico Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association.
Ms. Oliver's practice now focuses on all aspects of litigation including discovery practice, mediation, and trials.
Certificate of Concentration in Indian Law
United States Air Force, 2005-2016
State Bar Admissions
- New Mexico
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
United States District Court for New Mexico
Tenth Circuit District Court
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Federal Bar Association
- New Mexico Black Lawyers Association
- Indian Law Section, State Bar of New Mexico
- Young Lawyers Division (YLD), State Bar of New Mexico
Awards & Honors
- Recipient, Mary Beth and W. Richard West, Jr. Award recognizing excellence in Indian Law
- Citations Editor, University of New Mexico Tribal Law Journal
- Selectee, Arturo Jaramillo Summer Law Clerk Program
- Recipient, Reeve Swainston Veteran's Scholarship
- Honor Roll/ Dean's List honors throughout law school, 2016-2019
University of New Mexico, School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2019
American Military University
Bachelor of Science, Legal Studies, 2014