- Email: Brigid.Ndege@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 312.463.3319
- Fax: 312.345.1778
Brigid K. Ndege is an associate in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Practice. Brigid earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University and her Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School. While at Duke, she studied abroad at Oxford University. Brigid represents creditors’ committees, creditor groups, real estate development firms as well as other entities in all aspects of restructuring stressed and distressed companies.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Brigid served as a judicial law clerk in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Before that, she was a consumer attorney as a legal services organization.
While serving as a law clerk, the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges selected Brigid for the 2019 Blackshear Presidential Fellowship. This Fellowship recognizes attorneys for their legal excellence in the practice of bankruptcy law and commitment to principles of civility, ethics, and professionalism.
Brigid currently serves on the Board of Directors for Chicago CARE (Credit Abuse Resistance Education), an organization that educates students about the consequences of consumer credit abuse through presentations.
Brigid is admitted to the State Bars of New York and New Jersey as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
State Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Board Member, Credit Abuse Resistance Education Chicago
Awards & Honors
- Business Bankruptcy Committee’s 20/20 Partners Rising Young Leader Award, American Bar Association (ABA) Business Law Section, 2021
- Blackshear Bankruptcy Fellowship Recipient, 2019
Harvard Law School
Bachelor of Arts, History
- Duke University Dean’s List
- National Dean’s List
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
Duke in Oxford
Study Abroad, July 2006-August 2006