- Email: Florence.McClain@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6602
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Florence McClain is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a chair of the Asbestos Practice. She has handled various types of cases including general liability, premises liability, products liability and toxic torts. Her primary practice focuses on environmental and toxic tort litigation with an emphasis on the defense of asbestos defendants in addition to handling other matters. Throughout her career, she has successfully represented manufacturers, distributors, contractors and premises owners in suits including multiple-party litigation involving exposure to a variety of toxins. Florence has been involved in all phases of litigation from hands on case management, the supervision of large clients such as contractors, premises and product manufacturers/suppliers, trial, settlement and appeal. She oversees the litigation pending against some of her clients throughout the country, serving as national coordinating/monitoring counsel.
- Lead trial attorney involved in all phases of pre-trial and trial preparation.
- Monitoring and coordinating counsel in multi-jurisdictional actions for various clients.
- Prepared or supervised multiple appeals and writs based on jurisdictional and discovery issues, including published appellate decisions.
- Appeared as trial counsel through pro hac admission in multiple states for clients.
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- California Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- California Courts of Appeal
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
California State Court
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Central District of California
U.S Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
University of California–Hastings College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1999
University of California–Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts, 1996