- Email: Timothy.McAleenan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 314.685.8357
- Fax: 314.685.8347
Tim McAleenan Jr. is a partner in the St. Louis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Medical Malpractice, and Transportation Practices. Tim has experience in civil trial litigation in the areas of general liability, premises liability, product liability, medical malpractice, healthcare, trucking, construction, transportation, real estate, banking/finance, and general insurance. In his practice, Tim has successfully tried cases to verdict throughout Missouri’s state courts and he has won cases before Missouri's appellate courts and the Missouri Supreme Court. He specializes in high-end catastrophic and wrongful death cases where high-quality legal representation matters.
Whether he is offering his services to an individual, an insurer, or any other business organization, Tim provides representation that is thoroughly well-researched with a focus on the most efficient route to achieving the client’s final objective. In doing so, Tim seeks to provide a steady hand by clearly explaining to clients how the prevailing law aligns with their circumstances.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois and expanding his practice throughout the Midwest, Tim was an associate attorney at a premier regional civil defense firm in the St. Louis area. He is accepting new clients at this time and welcomes potential inquiries.
Moore v. Bi-State, SC98169 (successful protection of Missouri's sovereign immunity cap on damages in a matter of statutory interpretation and federal pre-emption).
"Quiet Title: A Practitioner's Guide," Missouri Real Estate Deskbook Series, 2018
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
The Old Newsboys Campaign for Kids, a charity whose mission is to ensure every child in the St. Louis area has an equal opportunity to live a healthy, educated life.
- "Defending Against Plaintiff's Reptile Theory," Missouri CLE, 2021
- "Missouri's New Rules for MMPA Claims and Punitive Damages," Missouri CLE, 2020
- "In-Depth Review of Enforceability of Indemnity Provisions in Premises Cases," Missouri CLE, 2020
- "Forensic Investigations and Accident Reconstruction: The Attorney's Role," Missouri CLE, 2019
- "Sovereign Immunity Limitations, Exclusions, and Caps on Damages," Missouri CLE, 2018
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
USDC for the Western District of Missouri
USDC for the Eastern District of Missouri
- The Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Young Lawyers Committee Member
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Land Title Association
- American Land Title Association
Awards & Honors
Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch, 2020-2021
University of Missouri, Columbia
Juris Doctor, 2016
Washington & Lee University
Bachelor of Arts, 2012
- Moore v. Bi-State, SC98169 (successful protection of Missouri's sovereign immunity cap on damages in a matter of statutory interpretation and federal pre-emption).
- Knox v. Bi-State (successful dismissal of wrongful death claim).
- Suarez v. Bi-State (successful dismissal of personal injury claim).