- Email: David.Martin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3136
- Fax: 714.850.1030
David Martin is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois. He assists employers and businesses in defending against wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination claims. Representative cases include:
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving claims of harassment where plaintiff alleged $6.5M in damages.
- Summary judgment for contractor where plaintiff sought more than $10M in damages.
- Successfully argued before the Second District Court of Appeal, which upheld prior dismissal with prejudice.
- Obtained dismissal of FEHA claims for a waiver of fees and costs.
- Obtained summary judgment in both state and federal court.
- Recovered costs on behalf of client after obtaining complete dismissal of plaintiff’s claims.
Mr. Martin assists with the following types of matters:
- Single Plaintiff – Including wrongful termination, FEHA, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims.
- Class Action – Including PAGA and wage & hour.
- Agency Representation – Including EEOC.
Mr. Martin also helps businesses avoid litigation by providing day-to-day advice on navigating human resources issues.
Mr. Martin previously served as a Governing Board Member of the Irvine Valley College Foundation. He also served as the Co-Chair of Astounding Inventions, which is a product invention competition involving more than 4,000 students in the Irvine Unified School District and Tustin Unified School District.
Mr. Martin enjoys traveling, snorkeling, skiing, and competing in triathlons. He is happily married and the proud father of two sons.
- Recent Developments in Employment Law – November 17, 2017, CPCU Society, Los Angeles Chapter.
- Recent Developments in Employment Law – August 8, 2017, The Risk Management Society, Orange County Chapter.
- Best Practices for Preventing and Handling Employment Claims – April 17, 2017, Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of Orange County.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- UCLA Law School Reunion Committee
- Member, Bruin Professionals
University of California Los Angeles School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2007
- Founder and President of the UCLA Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2004
- University Honors, 2004
- Edwin S. Hinckley Scholar
- Humane Studies Fellow