- Email: Steffanie.Malla@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.262.8583
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Steffanie Malla is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Ms. Malla is an experienced litigator with a diverse civil litigation practice that includes personal injury, premises liability, automobile, products liability, construction site accidents, assault and battery including sexual assault and battery, landlord/tenant, breach of contract, and fraud.
Ms. Malla regularly handles catastrophic personal injury matters including wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, and quadriplegia. She has extensive experience in litigating complex multi-party actions. Ms. Malla has defended a wide range of business and public entities including hotels, restaurants, commercial and residential property owners and managers, contractors, retailers, and technology companies.
Ms. Malla has worked on cases during all phases of litigation through trial and appeal in both the state and federal levels. She frequently participates in mediations and settlement conferences prior to trial with favorable results for her clients.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbios, Ms. Malla began her career as a Law Clerk to Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) at the San Francisco Superior Court. Thereafter, she served as a Legal Research Attorney to Judge Loretta Giorgi and Judge Harold Kahn at the San Francisco Superior Court. During law school, Ms. Malla served as a Judicial Extern for Chief Magistrate Judge James Larson (Ret.) at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. She also interned at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- Case Note, Requiring Exhaustion: An International Law Perspective of the Alien Tort Claims Act in Sarei v. Rio Tinto, 38 Golden Gate U. L. Rev. 461 (2008).
- Case Summary, Giving Employers Guidance: The Proper Response to No-Match Letters Under Aramark Facility Services v. Service Employees International Union, Local 1877, 39 Golden Gate U. L. Rev. 387 (2009).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
US District Court for Eastern District of California
US District Court for Central District of California
US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Bar Association
- Queen's Bench
Golden Gate University School of Law
Juris Doctor, with Highest Honors, May 2009
- Certificate in Public Interest Law with Distinction
- GGU Law Review, Editor
- Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence in Torts I and II, Writing and Research I and II, Appellate Advocacy and Professional Responsibility
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Constitutional Law and Judicial Externship
- Jesse Carter Honors Society
- Scribes American Society of Legal Writers Award
University of California at Santa Cruz
Bachelor of Arts in Politics with Honors, June 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Latin American and Latino Studies with Honors, June 2005
- Phi Beta Kappa