- Email: Steffanie.Malla@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.262.8583
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Steffanie Malla is an associate in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Her practice includes all aspects of civil litigation including personal injury, landlord/tenant, and products liability.
Ms. Malla began her legal career as a law clerk to Judge Tomar Mason (Ret.) at the San Francisco Superior Court. Thereafter, Ms. Malla worked as a Legal Research Attorney in the law and motion department of San Francisco Superior Court.
During law school, Ms. Malla served as a judicial extern for Chief Magistrate Judge James Larson (Ret.) at the United States District Court for the Northern District of California. She also interned for a panel of four judges at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
Related News & Publications
- Case Note, Requiring Exhaustion: An International Law Perspective of the Alien Tort Claims Act in Sarei v. Rio Tinto, 38 Golden Gate U. L. Rev. 461 (2008).
- Case Summary, Giving Employers Guidance: The Proper Response to No-Match Letters Under Aramark Facility Services v. Service Employees International Union, Local 1877, 39 Golden Gate U. L. Rev. 387 (2009).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Bar Association
- Queen's Bench
Awards & Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Certificate in Public Interest Law with Distinction
- Witkin Awards for Academic Excellence in Torts I and II, Writing and Research I and II, Appellate Advocacy and Professional Responsibility
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Constitutional Law and Judicial Externship
- Jesse Carter Honors Society
- Scribes American Society of Legal Writers Award
Golden Gate University School of Law
Juris Doctor, with Highest Honors, May 2009
University of California at Santa Cruz
Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Latin American and Latino Studies with Honors, June 2005