- Email: Donna.Maddux@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.334.7001
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Donna Brecker Maddux is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice. Ms. Maddux joins Lewis Brisbois from the U.S. Department of Justice, where she served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO) for the District of Oregon for the last eight years. In this role, Ms. Maddux prosecuted a variety of crimes, including wire fraud, healthcare fraud, and money laundering. She regularly managed multi-agency investigative teams and worked closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Internal Revenue Service, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Prior to her tenure with the USAO, Ms. Maddux served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Attorney General’s Office of the Oregon Department of Justice. Over the course of her ten years in this position, she prosecuted white collar and regulatory crimes across Oregon, including Medicaid fraud, while working closely with state regulatory agencies.
In addition to prosecuting crime throughout Oregon, Ms. Maddux currently serves alongside Mr. Hoar as President of the Financial Crimes and Digital Evidence Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing annual training and networking opportunities to professionals who fight fraud and cybercrime. She is also an executive board member for the Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court, and is a past chair of the Criminal Law Section of the Oregon State Bar.
Maddux, Donna & Luse, Susanne (May 2020). Don’t Let Discovery Keep You Awake at Night: Best Practices for Assistant United States Attorney, Department of Justice Journal of Federal Law & Practice. Vol. 68 (3), p. 27-46.
- 20/20: The Sweetheart Swindle (Episode aired May 29, 2015). Season 38, Episode 34. ABC.
- American Greed: Psychic Fiend’s Network (Episode aired May 12, 2016). Season 10, Episode 5. CNBC.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Current - Executive Board Member, Owen Panner Inn of Court
- Past Chair, Oregon State Bar Criminal Law Section
- Previously served as an elected member of the Tualatin City Council
- National Civilian Community Corps/AmeriCorps, first year class member (1994) and Alumni engagement
- Instructor, Elder Fraud investigation, Discovery Practices, National Advocacy Center, U.S. Department of Justice (national school for federal prosecutors), Columbia, South Carolina, 2017 - 2019
- Mentor, Lewis and Clark Law School Student Mentor Program, 2003 - 2018
- Give Us This Day: From State Investigation through Federal Criminal Trial, Financial Crimes and Digital Evidence Conference, September 2019
- Opioids: Prevention, Enforcement, & Treatment, Queen’s Bench Monthly Speaker Series, June 2019
- Elder Justice, Queen’s Bench Monthly Speaker Series, April 2019
- Ethics Jeopardy, Oregon District Attorneys Association Summer Conference, July 2017 & Oregon Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Conference, June 2018
- Maximizing the Criminal Prosecutor & Victim Attorney Relationship: Lessons Learned from a Complex Financial Exploitation Case, National Crime Victims Bar Association National Conference, December 2017
- Sociopathic Fraudsters: A Tale of Two Con Men, Financial Crimes and Digital Evidence Conference, September 2017
State Bar Admissions
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Owen Panner Inns of Court, 2010 – present
- Executive Committee member, 2017 – present
- President, Financial Crimes and Digital Evidence Foundation, 2010-2020
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers, 2003 – present
- Oregon Bar Association, 2002 – present
Awards & Honors
- Lewis and Clark Law School Andrea Swanner Reading Outstanding Mentor Award, 2010 - 2011
- Daily Journal of Commerce: Up & Coming Lawyer, Leaders Award, November 2010
- Lewis and Clark Law School Women and the Law Distinguished Speakers Series, Panelist, April 2009
- Oregon DOJ Outstanding Service Award, July 2005
- Cornelius Honor Society, Lewis and Clark Law School
Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland, OR
Juris Doctor, 2002
Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
Master of Arts, Higher Education Administration, 1994
West Chester University, West Chester, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science/Public Administration, 1992