- Email: Elizabeth.MacGregor@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.334.7030
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Elizabeth D. MacGregor is a partner in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability, Construction, and General Liability Practices.
Elizabeth has tried cases in Oregon and Washington state courts, and has argued before the Oregon Court of Appeals. She has handled numerous arbitrations and mediations for products liability, casualty, and construction defect matters. She has tried cases to verdict in the areas of construction defect, legal malpractice, and personal injury.
For her construction matters, Elizabeth represents developers and general contractors in construction defect litigation and workplace injury matters. Most recently, she obtained over $1 million from a subcontractor on behalf of her general contractor client in an arbitration proceeding. In the area of products liability, Elizabeth represents manufacturers and distributors in many industries, with a particular focus in the automotive and household appliance industries.
Elizabeth frequently participates in panel presentations and educational seminars to provide guidance and analysis to attorneys, insurance carriers, and corporations on issues relating to construction defect and products liability litigation.
Elizabeth is actively licensed in Oregon and Washington. She graduated with high distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Iowa Law Review. Prior to entering private practice, Elizabeth clerked for a justice on the Missouri Supreme Court.
- Speaker, CPCU Society Oregon Chapter Insurance Day, Portland, OR, November 8, 2017
- Speaker, West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Conference, Anaheim, CA, May 13, 2016
- Speaker, Premier Northwest Construction Defect & Dispute Conference, Portland, OR, September 11, 2015
- Speaker, Pacific Northwest Construction Defect Law Seminar, Seattle, WA, March 19, 2015
State Bar Admissions
Oregon & Washington
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Defense Resource Institute
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City
Juris Doctor with high distinction
- Editor-in-Chief, Iowa Law Review
University of South Dakota, Vermillion, S.D.
Bachelor of Liberal Studies, 1993