- Email: Jonna.Lothyan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4914
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Jonna Lothyan is an associate in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois. Ms. Lothyan practices general liability, professional liability, products liability, environmental/toxic torts litigation, employment and business litigation.
Ms. Lothyan’s professional liability practice focuses on both legal and medical malpractice. She also represents vehicle manufacturers in products liability cases. Ms. Lothyan’s business litigation includes trade secret, unfair competition, contractual disputes, shareholder derivative actions and intellectual property. Additionally, Ms. Lothyan handles appellate matters at both the state and federal levels.
Ms. Lothyan is admitted to practice before all the courts in California. She has participated in over 25 mediations, including complex case mediations. Ms. Lothyan is a member of the San Diego trial team. She has prepared over a dozen cases for trial and tried three jury trials where she obtained either a defense verdict or favorable settlement during trial.
In addition, Ms. Lothyan provides strategic advice to clients and trial counsel with respect to significant trial court motions and post-trial matters where an appellate challenge is anticipated.
Prior to passing the bar and during law school, Ms. Lothyan was a law clerk with Lewis Brisbois where she drafted various appellate briefs and petitions for writ of mandate. As a law clerk, Ms. Lothyan successfully obtained an alternative writ on an order denying a motion to quash service of a summons. Ms. Lothyan has experience drafting trial briefs, memoranda, and motions in civil litigation cases.
- August 27, 2015 New CA Court of Appeal Opinion Re: Attorney-Client Conspiracy Statute
- August 20, 2015 CA Court of Appeal Opinion re Causation in Legal Malpractice Action
- May 08, 2015 New Court of Appeal Opinion Re: Anti-SLAPP Motion and Mixed Causes of Action
- May 08, 2015 New CA Court of Appeal Opinion Regarding Mediation Confidentiality
- April 20, 2017 Calif. Team Wins Appeal in Firefighting Accident Suit
- March 24, 2017 Calif. Team Beat Animal Cruelty Appeal
- December 08, 2016 Calif. Team Prevails in Appeal Against Insurance Agent
- October 25, 2016 Calif. Team Prevails in Defamation Appeal
- Anderson v. Ouellette (Jan. 30, 2015, 37-2014-83922-CU-PO-NC) prevailed on motion for summary judgment based on primary assumption of the risk doctrine.
- Davis v. Superior Court of Orange County (Sept. 16, 2013, G048804) Writ: Alternative writ issued from the trial court’s order denying defendant’s motion to quash service of summons.
- Ha v. Oscar Ginjeff Corporation dba Gold Crest Retirement Center (July 9, 2013, G048683) settlement after full briefing on the merits on the appeal.
State Bar Admissions
State Appellate Courts
- California Courts of Appeal
All courts in California
“Top 40 Young Lawyer” Personal Injury Law Section–California, National Alliance of Women in Law (NAOWIL), 2019
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
Bachelor of Arts Psychology, 2010