- Email: Jeffrey.Liptrot@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 401.406.3315
- Fax: 401.406.3312
Jeffrey Liptrot is a partner in the Providence office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Workers' Compensation Practice. Jeff has 25 years of trial practice, concentrating in the areas of workers’ compensation, employment litigation and insurance coverage disputes. He routinely represents self-insured employers and insurers before all levels of the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Court. He often appears before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, where he has achieved several landmark victories for employers. He also is regularly engaged to provide insurance coverage analysis for insurers and corporate entities. Jeff frequently presents professional education programs for attorneys, risk managers, employers and insurance professionals on workers’ compensation, insurance coverage and employment law. He was a contributing author to the MCLE New England’s recent hardbound publication of “A Practical Guide to Workers’ Compensation in Rhode Island”.
- August 14, 2018 Rhode Island Finds Date of Disablement as Trigger of Coverage in Repetitive Trauma Claims
- August 14, 2018 Rhode Island Reexamines Settlement Language
- July 26, 2017 Jeffrey Liptrot Appointed to Probate Judgeship
- March 28, 2017 Jeff Liptrot Wins R.I. Supreme Court Insurance Victory
- August 20, 2018 Workers’ Compensation Newsletter - Summer 2018
- Pion v. Bess Eaton Donuts, Inc., lead trial and appellate counsel in landmark victory for employers before the Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Sympson v. Dytex Chemical Co., trial and appellate counsel before Rhode Island Supreme Court in decision expanding employer's rights regarding vocational rehabilitation.
- Hasbro Inc. v. Perez, trial and appellate counsel in victory before the Rhode Island Supreme Court on Workers' Compensation procedure.
"A Practical Guide to Workers' Compensation in Rhode Island" MCLE Hardbound Manual
Jeff is a frequent presenter on the topics of Workers' Compensation and Employment Law for Bar Associations; private corporations and national education companies.
United District Court for the District of Rhode Island
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, Member
- Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Bench/Bar Committee, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
University of New Hampshire
Bachelor of Arts