- Email: Doug.Lewis@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4920
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Douglas Lewis is the managing partner in the San Diego and Temecula offices of Lewis Brisbois and co-chair of the General Liability Practice. He has extensive experience with personal injury claims involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death, premises liability/negligent security, products liability, and claims against homeowners. Mr. Lewis also practices in the areas of professional liability, medical malpractice, and construction litigation.
Mr. Lewis has an active trial and litigation practice, and has tried or arbitrated over 25 cases to verdict in his career, including jury trials, bench trials and binding arbitrations.
- Mediated in excess of 75 cases
- Lead trial attorney involved in all phases of pre-trial and trial preparation
- Obtained defense verdict in personal injury claim alleging brain and other serious injuries in vehicle accident allegedly caused by a realty “for sale” sign obstructing on-coming traffic
- Obtained defense verdict in personal injury claim alleging assault and battery by a book store employee against a patron
- Successfully defended a hotel against a claim by Plaintiff involving serious injuries when he backed into a Rolls Royce driven by hotel valet. Plaintiff found 90% at fault, resulting in net award to hotel on property damage claim.
State Bar Admissions
- San Diego Inns of Court
- San Diego County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating for ethics and professionalism)
University of San Diego School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1989
University of California Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, 1986