- Email: Amy.Levine@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.1061
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Amy Levine is an associate in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Professional Liability Practices. Ms. Levine earned her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, in 2014, where she was a Managing Editor for the Entertainment Law Review. She also served as Vice President of the Student Bar Association, as well as Vice President of Roscoe Pound on the Moot Court Board. She competed nationally in moot court competitions as a member of the Moot Court Honors Program.
Prior to law school, Ms. Levine attended the University of Miami, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and minors in Philosophy and Criminology. She received the highest honor one can attain at the University of Miami when she was “tapped” into the Iron Arrow Honor Society.
Ms. Levine has both regulatory and litigation experience. Prior to moving to Phoenix, Ms. Levine represented multiple large insurance companies, agencies, and brokerages in obtaining regulatory approvals from several state Departments of Insurance. She obtained several Certificates of Authority for large national and international insurance companies so they could conduct business in California. Additionally, Ms. Levine assisted with mergers and acquisitions of insurance companies and in obtaining approvals for extraordinary distributions. Her working relationship with the Department of Insurance also translated into her litigation experience of representing insurance agents and brokers in front of the Department of Insurance to defend against Accusations filed that sought to suspend or revoke their licenses. This defense work also encompassed defense of insurance companies that were alleged to have committed fraud or misrepresentation.
Ms. Levine currently focuses on commercial litigation and insurance defense. She has successfully settled cases involving fraud, breach of contract, and negligence claims. Ms. Levine has also successfully argued for dismissal of several cases involving professional negligence claims against insurance agents and attorneys.
- October 09, 2018 Amy Levine Appointed to IICF Arizona Board of Directors
- September 14, 2017 Amy Levine to Speak at ABA Joint Fall Meeting
- April 04, 2017 Sean Healy, Amy Levine Win Arbitration Defense Verdict
- March 02, 2017 Sean Healy, Amy Levine Beat Music Contract Dispute
- "Can I Be Held Negligent If My Self-Driving Car Causes An Accident?", Insurance Journal - April 20, 2015
- “Moving Costs: Why Divorce Courts Should Consider Wage Changes for Relocating Spouses”, Women’s Rights Law Reporter Vol. 36, Spring/Summer 2015
Ms. Levine had a professional negligence case against an insurance agent dismissed after proving that the plaintiff failed to provide adequate expert support for her negligence claim. In a malpractice case against an attorney, Ms. Levine helped settle and significantly reduce exposure to the attorney in a case where the plaintiff sought approximately $4 million in damages. In her insurance regulatory practice, Ms. Levine assisted in getting Certificates of Authority granted to insurance companies wanting to conduct business in California. She also assisted in getting approval for a $17.5 million extraordinary distribution.
- Emerging Issues and Trends for Insurance Wholesale Brokers (California Insurance Wholesalers Association, July 2015)
- A Comprehensive Look at Malpractice, Insurance, and Related Issues (American Bar Association’s 2017 Joint Fall CLE Meeting, September 2017)
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
United State District Court for the District of Arizona
Awards & Honors
- Best Brief Writer, Spring 2013 (UCLA Law Moot Court Competition)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
University of Miami
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2010