- Email: Steven.Lee@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 404.476.2067
- Fax: 404.467.8845
Steven H. Lee is a partner in the Atlanta and Savannah offices of Lewis Brisbois, and vice chair of the firm’s Government Investigations & White Collar Defense Practice.
As an experienced former Assistant United States Attorney, Mr. Lee focuses his practice on internal investigations, government matters, and white collar defense. Mr. Lee seeks to represent his clients by limiting their exposure in federal white collar civil and criminal investigations. He represents corporations, top executives, and officers in investigations involving financial fraud, federal tax violations, securities fraud, intellectual property theft, export violations, antitrust compliance, public corruption, money laundering, the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
As an Assistant United States Attorney for the United States Attorney’s Offices in Montgomery, Alabama, and Savannah, Georgia, from 2016 through 2022, Mr. Lee successfully investigated and prosecuted the districts’ most high-profile federal cases involving national security, cyber and intellectual property crime and financial fraud.
In Savannah, Georgia, Mr. Lee successfully investigated and prosecuted the first national security case involving Russian and Italian nationals conspiring to obtain a U.S. origin power turbine for use on a Russian arctic deep water drilling platform in violation of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, and the first intellectual property theft case involving proprietary aircraft wing designs belonging to various aerospace companies. In Montgomery, Alabama, Mr. Lee successfully investigated and prosecuted the first criminal securities fraud case involving a purported technology startup incubator under 17 C.F.R. § 240.10b-5.
Mr. Lee is an experienced trial attorney and has first-chaired or co-chaired a total of 30 jury trials in both state and federal courts throughout his career. Prior to joining the United States Attorney’s Offices, Mr. Lee worked as a state healthcare fraud prosecutor in the State of Georgia Attorney General’s Office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Mr. Lee’s vast investigative and prosecutorial experience is advantageous to corporate executives and officers, particularly in white collar matters.
- Quoted "From 'Body Man' To 'Pawn,' Trump Aide Faces Stark Choice," June 13, 2023
- Quoted, "SBF's Potential 'Hail Mary' Trial Defense: Blame The Lawyers," June 12, 2023
- Quoted, "SEC Sues Coinbase In Escalation Of Crypto Crackdown," June 6, 2023
- Quoted, "How Gillum, ComEd Verdicts Might Foreshadow Trump's Fate," May 12, 2023
- Quoted, "FTX Founder Launches Volley Of Defenses In Criminal Case," May 9, 2023
- Quoted, "Madigan Trial Looms Large After ComEd Bribery Verdicts," May 3, 2023
- Co-Author, "What SBF's FCPA Charge Means For Crypto Enforcement," April 28, 2023
- Quoted, "Bankman-Fried Hit With FCPA Charge As Feds Drop 'Hammer'," March 28, 2023
- Quoted, “Bankman-Fried Blog 'Nightmarish' For His Attys, Experts Say,” January 13, 2023
- Quoted, “Bankman-Fried Gets $250M Bail Deal In 1st SDNY Appearance,” December 27, 2022
- Quoted, "Feds Back FTX Founder Into Corner As Charges Mount," December 13, 2022
- Co-Author, "What To Pay Attention To In FTX Fraud Probe," Law360 Expert Analysis, November 21, 2022
- Author, "Recent Trade Secret Cases Show Sentencing Disparities," Law360 Expert Analysis, June 28, 2022
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, GA
- Prosecutorial Clinic
- Chattahoochee Inn of Court
St. John’s University, Queens, NY
Bachelor of Arts History, summa cum laude