- Email: Nicole.Kwapisz@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 786.725.3243
- Fax: 786.513.2249
Nicole Kwapisz is a partner in the Miami office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Construction Practice. Ms. Kwapisz concentrates her practice in the areas of construction and complex commercial litigation. She has represented design professionals, developers, general contractors and subcontractors, including Fortune 100 companies, in various matters involving construction defect, contract disputes, and insurance coverage issues in federal and state courts. Ms. Kwapisz handles cases from pre-construction contract negotiations through jury trial. She has successfully mediated and assisted with jury trials on construction related matters achieving favorable and defense verdicts on numerous high-profile cases.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Kwapisz practiced at the top boutique construction litigation firm in Miami representing renowned architects, engineers, developers, and builders in matters involving several high profile projects. Ms. Kwapisz also has experience in handling probate and employment litigation matters. Ms. Kwapisz is fluent in Polish.
Architects & Engineers Experience
- Represented a structural engineer on various projects throughout Florida, including multi-story commercial buildings, hotels, high-rise luxury condominiums, and single-home communities.
- Represented an electrical, mechanical and plumbing engineer on various residential projects.
- Represented an electrical engineer in a large class action involving state, county, and private defendants.
- Represented a structural engineer in connection with multiple lawsuits related to a project involving public schools.
- Represented an architect on a large mixed-use project, which included commercial, residential, parking, and retail components.
- Represented multiple architects and engineers during contract negotiations on various projects across Florida.
- Represented developers and numerous subcontractors in large multi-party litigation regarding various residential, commercial, and retail projects involving allegations of design defects.
- Represented renowned international architectural and engineering firms in large multiparty construction litigation matters
- Represented engineers in a class action of more than 600 plaintiffs and 20 defendants
- Litigated numerous complex construction cases across the state of Florida
- Obtained favorable settlements for disputes with claimed damages that exceeded $5 million
State Bar Admissions
- District of Columbia
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
District of Columbia
United States Supreme Court
United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association, Convention Committee (2018 – 2022)
- Florida Bar Association, Committee on Technology (2019 – 2022)
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Federal Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Commitment to Public Service - exemplary pro bono work
St. Thomas University School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude
Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude