- Email: Lynn.Krieger@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6644
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Lynn Krieger is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Marine & Energy and General Liability Practices.
Ms. Krieger’s nearly 20-year career has focused on litigation in maritime and general liability cases, with additional experience in maritime transactional work. She has extensive courtroom experience and has served with success as lead and second chair counsel in bench and jury trials in state and federal court.
Ms. Krieger’s maritime practice concentrates on the defense of marina owners and operators, recreational boat insurers and underwriters, vessel owners, supply chain logistics providers, employers, insurance carriers, underwriters and P & I Clubs in both state and federal courts, in maritime personal injury, casualty, and cargo contexts. These cases arise from collisions, allisions, shipboard accidents, and commercial disputes and casualties. She also prepares, negotiates, and litigates contracts and service agreements for terminals, carriers, and beneficial cargo owners. She has counseled clients and presented to industry representatives on current legal challenges, including recently developing liability and coverage issues arising out of the peer-to-peer sharing economy in recreational boating. Her deep knowledge of this specialized practice gives her an understanding of her clients’ needs and concerns in both litigation and pre-litigation negotiations. Ms. Krieger serves on several Boards dedicated to the preservation of maritime history, education, and the advancement of maritime law.
In addition to her maritime practice, Ms. Krieger handles an array of land-based general liability cases involving personal injuries and property damage. She has defended through trial and mediation, numerous commercial clients and insurers against serious personal injury and wrongful death claims in the premises liability and transportation contexts, including cases arising from slip-and-fall accidents, equipment malfunction incidents, and auto and truck collisions and accidents.
Ms. Krieger has experience dealing with state and federal investigative agencies both in pre-litigation and litigation settings following injuries and death arising out of severe weather events and catastrophic fire, including the National Transportation Safety Board, Consumer Product Safety Commission, the United States Coast Guard, and state law enforcement agencies.
- Website and Technology Secretary, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Director, Pacific Admiralty Seminar
- Director, San Francisco Maritime National Park Association
- Advisor, University of San Francisco School of Law, Maritime Law Journal
- Chair, Maritime Law Association of the United States, Website and Technology Committee
- Director, Maritime Law Association of the United States (2013-2016)
- Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journal, Damages on the High Seas, September 19, 2018
- 2014 MRA Annual Report and Review, Lynn Krieger, Michael Vinding: By Land or By Sea, There’s No Escaping Legal Liability (Unless You Protect Yourself)
Ms. Krieger has presented on legal issues relating to maritime law and legal challenges facing owners and operators in different sectors of the maritime industry, including:
- Bar Association of San Francisco, January 29, 2010: “The Magic of McDermott in Joint Tortfeasor Settlements: Never Settle with the Little Guy First”
- Marina Recreation Association – 43rd Annual Conference and Trade Show (Monterey, CA), November 2014: The Biggest Legal Issues in the Marina Industry.
- Marina Recreation Association – 44th Annual Conference and Trade Show (Santa Barbara, CA), October 2015: Current Legal Issues Facing the Recreational Marine Industry.
- Marina Recreation Association – 45th Annual Conference and Trade Show (Torrey Pines, CA), October 2016: Keeping a steady keel in the sharing economy: Implications of peer-to-peer boat rentals in your marina.
- 2017 Pacific Admiralty Seminar: Blackbeard 2.0 – Cyber Risk Underwriting.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
All California Federal Courts and the Ninth Circuit
- San Francisco Maritime National Park Association
- California Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Proctor in Admiralty)
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association
Awards & Honors
Northern California Super Lawyer, 2012 – 2019
University of San Francisco School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2000
Pomona College, Claremont, California
Bachelor of Arts in English, 1991