- Email: Lynn.Krieger@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6644
- Fax: 415.434.0882
Lynn Krieger is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Admiralty, Maritime & Energy Litigation Practice. Ms. Krieger’s practice concentrates on the defense of property owners, vessel owners, supply chain logistics providers, employers, and insurance carriers and P & I Clubs in both state and federal courts, in maritime personal injury and cargo contexts. She also prepares, negotiates, and litigates contracts and service agreements for terminals, carriers, and beneficial cargo owners.
- January 31, 2019 Fifth Circuit Upholds Ruling That Operator of Tug Is Also “Operating” Oil Barge Being Towed For Purposes of OPA ’90
- March 12, 2018 Fifth Circuit Replaces 6-Factor Test of Maritime Contract Jurisdiction in Favor of 2-Factor Test in Kirby
- November 30, 2017 Judge in New York’s Southern District Orders Rule B Attachment of Bank Accounts of Overseas Companies For Over $12.2M
- Website and Technology Secretary, Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Director, Pacific Admiralty Seminar
- Advisor, University of San Francisco School of Law, Maritime Law Journal
- Chair, Maritime Law Association of the United States, Website and Technology Committee
- Director, Maritime Law Association of the United States (2013-2016)
2014 MRA Annual Report and Review, Lynn Krieger, Michael Vinding: By Land or By Sea, There’s No Escaping Legal Liability (Unless You Protect Yourself)
Ms. Krieger has presented on legal issues relating to maritime law and legal challenges facing business owners and operators in different sectors of the maritime industry, including:
- Bar Association of San Francisco, January 29, 2010: “The Magic of McDermott in Joint Tortfeasor Settlements: Never Settle with the Little Guy First”
- Marina Recreation Association – 43rd Annual Conference and Trade Show (Monterey, CA), November 2014: The Biggest Legal Issues in the Marina Industry.
- Marina Recreation Association – 44th Annual Conference and Trade Show (Santa Barbara, CA), October 2015: Current Legal Issues Facing the Recreational Marine Industry.
- Marina Recreation Association – 45th Annual Conference and Trade Show (Torrey Pines, CA), October 2016: Keeping a steady keel in the sharing economy: Implications of peer-to-peer boat rentals in your marina.
- 2017 Pacific Admiralty Seminar: Blackbeard 2.0 – Cyber Risk Underwriting.
State Bar Admissions
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
All California Federal Courts and the Ninth Circuit
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Proctor in Admiralty)
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association
Awards & Honors
Northern California Super Lawyer, 2012 – 2018
University of San Francisco School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2000
Pomona College, Claremont, California
Bachelor of Arts in English, 1991