- Email: Scott.Krause@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 410.525.6397
- Fax: 410.779.3910
Scott Krause is the managing partner in the Baltimore office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. He is admitted to practice in Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia. Scott’s practice focuses upon the defense of healthcare professionals, legal malpractice defense and the defense of employment claims. Scott also handles general liability and casualty matters.
Scott’s medical malpractice defense experience includes the defense of physicians, nurses, dentists and oral surgeons, free-standing surgical centers, long-term care facilities, and other healthcare practitioners and practices. In defending employment matters, Scott represents a wide variety of clients, including restaurants, professional practices, tech companies, government contractors, hotels, and non-profit organizations, in claims before the EEOC and other state and local administrative agencies, and in both state and federal court, involving alleged discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, disability and religion; sexual harassment; wrongful termination; and wage and hour disputes. Scott’s general liability work includes premises liability and products liability defense, the defense of business owners/operators and apartment management companies and auto tort defense. In addition to his litigation practice, Scott regularly represents a variety of professionals in the defense of board licensing actions before professional boards in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Scott has been listed by the “The Best Lawyers in America” in the area of legal malpractice defense, and included in the Maryland “Super Lawyers” list in the area of personal injury/medical malpractice. Additionally, Scott has served as a presenter and has published articles in the area of professional malpractice defense, risk management and other related topics. From 2002-2013, Scott served as an adjunct college faculty member teaching Civil Procedure and Business Law to aspiring lawyers and paralegal students.
- Author – “The Medicare Morass – Practice Pointers to Manage Attorney Risk in Personal Injury Cases,” Maryland Bar Journal, Sept./Oct. 2014
- Author – “Medicare: Don’t Tangle with the 800-Pound Gorilla,” ProAssurance Lawyers’ Professional Liability Update, Spring 2014
- Author – “Broken Bonds – Avoiding Disputes in the Joint Representation of a Plaintiff,” The Maryland Litigator, 2010
- Co-Author – “Nursing Home Litigation from the Defense Perspective, ” MTLA Journal, 2007
- Panel Presenter – Attorney Risk Management Seminar, (national law firm presentation), July 2014
- Panel Presenter – “The Case Settled Years Ago, How Can We All Be Liable? (The Medicare Morass),” MSBA Annual Meeting, June 2014
- Panel Presenter – Ethical Considerations/Conflicts, Surety & Fidelity Claims Institute, June 2013
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in the Maryland "Super Lawyers" list – Personal Injury – Medical Malpractice, since 2013
- Selected for inclusion in "The Best Lawyers in America,"
- Selected as one of "Baltimore and Washington DC's Top Attorneys" Washington Post, 2010
Catholic University, Columbus School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1994
Bachelor of Arts, 1990