- Email: Alexander.Knaub@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 951.252.6161
- Fax: 951.252.6151
Alex Knaub is an associate in the Temecula of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Real Estate, Land Use & Environment and Public Agency & Municipal Law Practices. Prior to starting his legal career, Alex worked as a commercial real estate broker with Marcus & Millichap, primarily handling purchase/sale transactions and leasing of industrial properties.
Upon admission to the California bar, Alex began representing clients in their real estate transactions. He has represented clients in multi-million-dollar purchase/sale transactions. Acting as borrower's counsel, Alex successfully helped a client receive CMBS financing for an $11,5000,000 Hilton hotel. He also assisted one client through a $3,500,000 defeasance transaction involving prior CMBS financing.
Alex has also worked with several clients regarding leasing transactions, both as broker and attorney. More recently, he negotiated lease modifications for tenants facing trouble during the Covid-19 pandemic and advised landlords regarding the novel issues arising under the national emergency.
When he's not in the office, Alex is an avid skydiver and regularly flies his wingsuit over Southern California.
- U.S. Army Paratrooper - 82nd Airborne Division - 3/319th AFAR, 2007-2009
- Disabled Combat Veteran
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Volunteer, Riverside Bankruptcy Court Pro Se Clinic
Editor, Savannah Law Review, 2014-2016
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- Urban Land Institute
- Association of Environmental Professionals
- California Lawyer's Association
- Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys' Association
Awards & Honors
- William J. Lasarow Pro Bono Service Award, 2019
- Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Service, 2019
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Central District Bankruptcy Court, 2020
Savannah Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2016
Middle Georgia State University
Bachelor of the Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, 2013
Bachelor of Business Administration, Management and Economics, 2011