- Email: Justin.Kim@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5548
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Justin Kim is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, General Liability, and Construction Practices. Justin represents corporations of all sizes, individuals, and community associations in all stages of disputes, from pre-litigation counseling to appeals of complex actions in state and federal courts.
Justin has substantial experience with legal issues arising in cyberspace. Justin’s arguments regarding the absence of liability on the part of digital platforms for claims related to user-generated content are regularly referenced by the largest technology companies in the world in motions to dismiss. Justin’s arguments pertaining to algorithmic technology and platform immunity have also been discussed by the Justices of the United States Supreme Court in oral argument. Justin has been quoted by the National Law Journal, Forbes, and Global Data Review about disputes implicating Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
Justin represented his clients in several high profile matters specifically addressing the liability of interactive computer services for user-generated content. He provides counsel to application developers regarding publication of original and third-party content and liability issues involving news and social media. Justin also successfully briefed arguments supporting the standing of digital platforms to assert First Amendment protections on behalf of their users.
Justin’s broad scope of litigation experience includes defending allegations of fraud, intentional interference, breach of contract, defamation, violations of California’s anti-discrimination statutes, unfair business practices, wrongful death, violations of consumer protection laws, products liability, defective construction, property damage and professional liability.
- California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General, Civil Division Honors Program
- Clerk, Honorable Donald S. Mitchell, San Francisco Superior Court
- Dyroff v. Ultimate Software Grp., Inc., 934 F.3d 1093 (9th Cir. 2019)
- Dyroff v. Ultimate Software Grp., Inc., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 194524 (N.D. Cal. 2017)
- Witkoff v. Topix, LLC, 2015 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 6521 (unpublished)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Awards & Honors
"Ones to Watch" Construction Law, Best Lawyers in America® 2023
"Ones to Watch," Construction Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
University of California, Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts