- Email: Kate.Kennedy@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 513.808.9914
- Fax: 513.808.9912
Kate Kennedy is a partner in the Lexington and Cincinnati offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice. She is admitted to practice in all courts in Ohio and Kentucky, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kate handles all types of insurance defense as well as insurance coverage and bad faith cases. She also represents clients in cases involving professional negligence, products liability, premises liability and employment law. Kate’s professional negligence practice includes representation of architects and engineers as well as healthcare providers including hospitals, doctors, nurses, and therapists. Kate has also defended employers in harassment, discrimination, and retaliation claims filed in federal and state court.
Kate has successfully argued and won numerous summary judgment motions on behalf of her clients in Ohio and Kentucky. In addition, Kate has first chair trial experience and experience handling matters in arbitration.
Kate is a lifelong Kentucky resident and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2005.
- Carberry vs. Golden Hawk Transp. Co., 402 S.W.3d 556 (Ky. App. 2013)
- Martin/Elias Props., LLC vs. Acuity, 544 S.W.3d 638 (Ky. 2018)
- Road Sprinkler Fitters Local Union No. 669 vs. Dorn Sprinkler, 669 F.3d 790 (6th Cir. 2012)
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Indiana Supreme Court
- Kentucky Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Supreme Court of Ohio
Supreme Court of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Southern Districts of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky