- Email: Soojin.Kang@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6139
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Soojin Kang is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She has experience in all aspects of employment-related litigation, including defending claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and failure to accommodate, as well as wage and hour class actions and PAGA actions. She has represented clients in state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, and in administrative proceedings. Ms. Kang’s practice also includes the defense of consumer class actions, products liability, and errors and omissions claims.
Ms. Kang’s representative experiences include:
- Defense of wage and hour class actions, PAGA actions, and consumer class actions, for clients in a wide variety of industries, including hospitality, transportation, manufacturing, sales, and government contractors.
- Defense verdict in four-week jury trial for a Fortune 500 company that had been sued by a former Director of the company, alleging wrongful termination in violation of public policy and whistleblowing.
- Clawback of insurance company’s trade secret customer data from former agent and extraction of financial settlement secured by confession of judgment and quitclaim deed.
- Advancing the enforceability of arbitration agreements containing class action waivers through litigation and appeals in multiple class actions, resulting in the seminal California Supreme Court decision, Sanchez v. Valencia Holding Co., LLC (2015) 61 Cal.4th 899.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court - Central District of California
U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
Loyola Law School
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, English