- Email: Jean.Kang@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 206.876.2949
- Fax: 206.436.2030
Jean Kang is a partner in the Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability, Toxic Tort Litigation, and General Liability Practices.
Jean acts as counsel for various companies involving general product liability, wrongful death/personal injury, complex business, and commercial litigation. In addition, Jean represents a variety of product manufacturers and premises defendants in asbestos and toxic tort litigation. Jean also serves corporate clients on secondment at a Fortune 500 medical supply company to provide legal support on litigated matters.
Jean has a breadth of civil litigation experience including insurance fraud, E&O claims, bad faith, personal injury, premises liability, and continues to regularly advise clients on case strategy for various legal issues.
Jean began her career as a Criminal Deputy Prosecutor in King County and Cowlitz County, where she tried numerous cases to verdict as first chair trial attorney.
In addition to her practice, Jean served as a Governor for District 7 South on the Board of Governors for the Washington State Bar Association. She is also involved in multiple leadership and diversity programs in the local legal community and serves as a pro tempore judge at Edmonds Municipal Court and King County District Court. She also serves as an arbitrator for the King County Arbitration Department.
Foreign Language Capabilities
Author, “Washington Will Soon Require Insurers to Inform their Washington Insureds of the Availability of Agency Assistance” (2020)
Adjunct Professor at SU Law School, “Introduction to Practice” for Spring Quarter (2018)
- SU Law School’s Womxn’s Law Caucus event on “Gender wage gap, salary negotiations, and navigating the practice of law as a female attorney” (2020)
- Washington Women Lawyers: "Diversity without Inclusion" (2019)
- “Mediation: Cultural Perspective” at UW Law School (2018)
- Washington Women Lawyers: “Our Time is Now: How to Take Charge of Your Career” (2018)
- Washington Women Lawyers: "Implicit Bias in the Legal Profession" (2017)
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Governor, Washington State Bar Association, 2017-2021
- State Board Member, Washington Women Lawyers
- Member, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Member, Asian Bar Association of Washington
Awards & Honors
- Henry M. Jackson Leadership Fellow, Class of 2021
- Ladder Down Fellow, Class of 2020
- Judicial Institute Fellow, Class of 2019
- Washington Leadership Institute Fellow, Class of 2017
Seattle University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
University of Washington
Bachelor of Arts