- Email: Adam.Johnson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7632
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Adam S. Johnson is a partner in the Madison County and St. Louis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice.
Mr. Johnson is a seasoned litigator with first-chair jury trial experience. His practice includes general civil ligation, complex commercial and business litigation, and class actions. Mr. Johnson also regularly represents corporate clients in cases involving commercial contract disputes and business torts.
Mr. Johnson is a former law clerk at the Missouri Court of Appeals and is an experienced appellate attorney. He has handled matters before the US Supreme Court and many other federal and state courts of appeal. Mr. Johnson regularly leverages his knowledge of appellate law to aid his clients prior to the conclusion of trial court proceedings, and has saved his clients millions of dollars through post-judgment motion practice and in proceedings for extraordinary writs.
Prior to law school, Mr. Johnson was a social worker and managed a group home for adults with developmental disabilities at a local nonprofit agency.
- Pieszchalski v. McWhorter, No. 2021-L-4, Shelby County, Illinois (April 2023) – defense verdict.
- White v. Dean, No. 20-L-0176, St. Clair County, Illinois (May 2022) – defense verdict.
- Murphy v. Barr, No. 20-L-39, Effingham County, Illinois (Mar. 2022) – defense verdict against one plaintiff and secured verdict for 3% of the amount requested by the remaining plaintiff.
- Jourdan v. Loftis, No. 18-L-3, Crawford County, Illinois (July 2021) – secured verdict for 3% of the amount plaintiffs requested the jury award.
- Jeyaratnam v. McGuire, No. 18-L-41, Jackson County, Illinois (Jan. 2020) – defense verdict.
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri
Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Saint Louis University School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2011
Master of Social Work, 2008
Bachelor of Arts, 2003