- Email: John.Jessee@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 540.283.0129
- Fax: 540.283.0044
John T. Jessee is the managing partner of the Roanoke office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Medical Malpractice Department.
Mr. Jessee has directed much of his practice over the past 25 years to the defense of medical professionals. He has tried medical malpractice and health law related cases in Virginia and West Virginia and has been involved in over 100 medical malpractice trials. Mr. Jessee is actively involved in bar associations and local community activities, having served as president of Mill Mountain Theatre, Opera Roanoke, the Julian Stanley Wise Foundation, Concord University Foundation, and the Southwest Virginia Historical Society. He is also currently a member of the Virginia Bar Association Judiciary Committee and Boyd-Graves Conference, and has been recognized as Super Lawyer for Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice.
After graduating Order of the Coif from Washington & Lee University School of Law, Mr. Jessee clerked for the Honorable Judge John A. Field, Jr. of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is licensed to practice law in Virginia and West Virginia.
State Bar Admissions
- West Virginia
- American Inns of Court (Master)
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Awards & Honors
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants, and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2005–2019, 2021, and 2022
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2015, 2018 Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” for Roanoke, VA
- Recognized as Leaders in the Law, class of 2016 by Virginia Lawyers Media
- Recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyer in Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice, 2006–2018
- Listed among the Legal Elite by Virginia Business magazine for Civil Litigation and Health Law, 2011-2014
- Named Lawyer of the Year in Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants in Roanoke for 2018
Washington & Lee University School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 1979
summa cum laude, 1976