- Email: Karyn.Ihara@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.358.6073
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Karyn Ihara is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice and the Japan Practice Group. Karyn’s practice consists primarily of defending automotive companies in consumer actions in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration. She first-chaired an arbitration hearing involving breach of warranty claims and obtained an order in the automotive company’s favor. Her experience includes defending complex discovery matters as well as significant motion work. As part of her practice, she regularly attends hearings, depositions, and vehicle inspections.
Karyn previously served as a law clerk for Judges Howard L. Halm and Gail R. Feuer of the Los Angeles County Superior Court where she drafted over 2,000 tentative orders for personal injury, premises liability, medical malpractice, and product liability actions. While earning her Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, she worked full-time at the law school as a career services counselor.
- Alumni Panelist, Los Angeles County Superior Court’s Law Clerk and Research Attorney Career Wellness Q&A Session (May 4, 2022).
- Speaker, The 29th Annual Manufacturers’ Lemon Law Seminar (November 5, 2021).
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Japanese American Bar Association
- Board Member of the Japanese American Bar Association Educational Foundation
Awards & Honors
Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Career Services Counselor
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies and Sociology