- Email: Robert.Hoskyn@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 404.418.7166
- Fax: 404.467.8845
Robert Hoskyn is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation, and Professional Liability Practices. In addition to his extensive experience representing a broad spectrum of clients in the products liability/mass torts arena, Mr. Hoskyn has represented clients in a wide variety of business-related litigation including contractual disputes, complex commercial litigation, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, fraud, tortious interference, corporate and partnership issues, and other business torts.
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Georgia Supreme Court
State Appellate Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Awards & Honors
Member, U.S. News & World Report Tier One nationally ranked products liability defense team.
University of Mississippi School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1995
Associate Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
Bachelor of Arts, 1992
- Defended Fortune 500 pharmaceutical/medical device company in multi-party products liability action involving thousands of Plaintiffs across the country arising from allegations of injury as a result of permanent, implantable female contraceptive device.
- Represented world’s largest home improvement retailer in connection with multidistrict litigation involving alleged claims of pulmonary and neurological injuries following use of a spray grout sealant sold in 1,300 stores nationwide. This was one of the largest MDL proceedings in the United States consisting of 204 cases pending in 28 federal districts. First five “bellwether” cases were tried to complete defense verdict.
- Secured seven figure summary judgment victory in action to enforce bank’s note and other loan documents and in defending lender liability claims. Handled matter from initial demand letter through decision at the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in defense of real estate and hospitality management company in connection with over 70 lawsuits, including multiple putative class actions and multi-party suits, filed in state and federal courts in numerous states alleging fraudulent conduct, including violations of the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act, in connection with real estate transactions.
- Successfully defended Fortune 1000 company in multi-party products liability actions in Florida and Mississippi arising from allegations of pulmonary and neurological injuries as a result of exposure to PVC off-gases and exposure to methanol, respectively.