- Email: Emily.Hoskins@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3185
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Emily Hoskins is an associate in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She represents clients in a variety of employment lawsuits and pre-litigation claims for discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment, and wage and hour disputes. Ms. Hoskins also has experience defending employers in wage and hour class actions and PAGA actions.
Ms. Hoskins graduated first in her class at Chapman University's Fowler School of Law and received numerous academic honors including 13 CALI Excellence for the Future Awards. During her time in law school, Ms. Hoskins served as a Senior Articles Editor on the Chapman Law Review, where she published her first article. Additionally, she served as an academic fellow, member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution team, and student ambassador. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Hoskins worked for a boutique personal injury law firm that specialized in childhood sexual assault, which served as the inspiration for her first publication.
Emily C. Hoskins, Actions Speak Louder Than Words: When Should Courts Find that Institutions Have a Duty to Protect Minor Children from Sexual Abuse?, 24 Chap. L. Rev. 487 (2021).
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Volunteer at the Orange County Public Law Center's Domestic Violence Clinic
State Bar Admissions
Awards & Honors
- Honor Scholar Award and the Carmelina Doti Award for Academic Excellence - awarded to the graduating student who has achieved the highest grade point average in the graduating class.
- National Order of Scribes Award - awarded to graduating students who demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and who are outstanding legal writers.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (highest score in class) - Legal Analysis Writing and Research, Property, Evidence, Contracts, Torts, Practice Foundations Transactions, Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure Police Practice, Legal and Equitable Remedies, Constitutional Law, Wills and Trusts, Selected Topics in American Law, and Agency and Partnership.
Chapman University's Fowler School of Law
Summa Cum Laude, Juris Doctor, 2021
- Honor Scholar Award and the Carmelina Doti Award for Academic Excellence
- National Order of Scribes Award
- Fowler School of Law Alumni Advisory Board Member
Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, 2017
- SCIAC all-academic team honors 2014-2016