- Email: Esther.Holm@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5510
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Esther Holm is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois, co-chair of the Professional Liability Practice, and former vice-chair of the Product Liability Practice. Her specialty is Trial Practice in Professional, General, Employment, Transportation and Product Liability matters.
In the area of General, Product Liability and Transportation, Ms. Holm has tried to verdict, cases involving claims of Traumatic Brain Injury, neuropsychological injury, and is a specialist in the use/misuse of PET, SPECT, MRI scans, including Diffusion Tensor Imaging. She has defended and tried to verdict cases involving sexual molestation of a child, bus accidents, paralysis, orthopedic injuries, defamation, wrongful death, wrongful termination of employment and construction defect. She has defended high profile cases of foodborne illness and served as Lead Counsel for the Jack in the Box franchisees sued during the E.coli outbreak in 1993.
Ms. Holm's experience includes defense of hotels and casinos in cases involving claims of assault/battery, and personal injury, with an emphasis on traumatic brain injury.
In the Professional Liability area, Ms. Holm has defended malpractice claims brought against insurance agents and brokers, attorneys, appraisers, home inspectors, homeowner associations and school districts. She has tried to verdict malpractice claims against real estate agents and brokers.
Ms. Holm has extensive experience defending Common Interest Development and Homeowners Associations, including class actions.
Ms. Holm is a frequent lecturer to the defense industry on the use of PET scans, Traumatic Brain Injury, psychological injuries, evaluation of damages, and real estate law.
Ms. Holm is the creator, director, and producer of the firm’s Webinar Series. She serves as Moderator for each of the monthly programs. Ms. Holm is Co-Editor of the Professional Liability Newsletter and a member of the Quality Assurance Committee. She is also a former Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court and a former Volunteer Mediator.
- May 25, 2017 Esther Holm Named Top Woman Lawyer
- May 17, 2017 Esther Holm to Speak on Expert Witness Panel
- July 26, 2016 Orange County Partners Obtain Unanimous Defense Verdict For Luxury Hotel
- April 04, 2016 Costa Mesa Partners Obtain Defense Verdict
Related Webinars & Seminars
- Costa Serena Owners Coalition v. Costa Serena Architect Committee (2009) 175 Cal.App.4th 1175
- Lake Almanor Associates L.P. v. Huffman-Broadway Group (2009) 178 Cal.App.4th 1194
- Roberts v. Assurance Company of America (2008) 163 Cal.App.4th 1398
- Free v. Republic Insurance Company (1992) 8 Cal.App.4th 1726
- Arbitrator, Los Angeles County Superior Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Program, 1993-2000
- Temporary Judge, Superior Court of the County of Los Angeles, 1998-2000
- Litigation Seminar for Claims Adjusters, Los Angeles, 2002
- Public Entity Employment Practices Seminar, Los Angeles, 2003
- Public Entity Employment Law Seminar, Los Angeles, 2004
- Basic Civil Litigation for Adjusters, Kansas, 2007
- PET Scan? Or PET Scam, New York, 2007
- Realtors Beware! “The Latest Trends in Real Estate Litigation” RIMS, San Diego, 2008
- Litigation Strategies, New York, 2009
- Ethical Jeopardy in Complex Litigation & Ethical Dilemmas Caused by New Technologies, New York, New Jersey, 2010
- Litigation Strategies to Avoid Injuries and Lawsuits, Los Angeles, California, 2011
- Case Evaluation from the Defense Perspective – “Can You Read the Tealeaves?" DRI Trial Tactics Seminar, Las Vegas, 2012
- Damages, New York, 2012
- Admissibility of Expert Witness Testimony, Webinar, 2014
- Law and Order – Interpretation of Claims Made Policy Language; Handling the Employment Lawsuit; Civil Litigation, Discovery and Dispositive Motions, Olathe, Kansas, 2014
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Uses and Misuses of Medical Imaging, New York, 2014
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Uses and Misuses of Medical Imaging, Laguna Beach, California, 2015
- Lewis Brisbois New York Women’s Event, Panelist, 2015
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Uses and Misuses of Medical Imaging, Rancho Cordova, California, 2015
- Masters in Trial Program: Catastrophic Injury Case Involving Truck v. Pedestrian, ABOTA, Los Angeles, 2015
- Traumatic Brain Injury & Damages, North Carolina, 2015
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Uses and Misuses of Medical Imaging, New Jersey, 2015
- Generic Drug Manufacturer Liability, New Jersey, 2015
- Reptile Theory, Olathe, Kansas, 2017
- Reptile Theory, Sacramento, California, 2017
- Expert Testimony in the Courtroom: A View from the Bench and the Bar, Forensic Expert Witness Association, Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City, California, 2017
- Reptile Theory, Webinar, 2018
- Reptile Theory, Panel Moderator, Magna March Madness, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2018
- Trial Strategies, New York, June 12, 2018.
United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California
Supreme Court of the State of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- California Association of Realtors Attorney Referral Panel
- Defense Research Institute, Products Liability and Trial Tactics Committee
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Women’s Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Awards & Honors
- Daily Journal Top Women Lawyers in California, 2017
- Super Lawyer, 2012-2018
- Selected Top Women Attorneys, Los Angeles Magazine, 2013-2017
Santa Clara University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1988
University of California at Davis
Bachelor of Arts, 1977