- Email: Jessica.Hidalgo@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.272.2780
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Jessica Hidalgo is an associate in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation and Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Litigation Practices. Jessica draws on her experience to represent clients in complex business and insurance coverage litigation and to negotiate complex business transactions, commercial leases, and real estate transactions.
Jessica graduated cum laude and received both her Juris Doctor and Certificate in Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. While in school, Jessica served as the Managing Editor of Substance and Citation for the Loyola Law Review. She was also a staff member on the Loyola Moot Court, a Technology and Legal Innovation Clinic student, Treasurer of the Association of Women Law Students, and a member of the St. Thomas More Inn of Court. Jessica also served as a research assistant for Professor Emeritus of Law Gerard A. Rault, Jr. and as a teaching assistant for Dean Maria M. Pabón.
Prior to attending law school, Jessica graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration from Loyola University New Orleans and the Loyola University Honors Program. She was a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society and the Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society.
Over her academic career, Jessica served as a law clerk intern for the Honorable Carl J. Barbier at the Eastern District of Louisiana and for the Honorable John J. Molaison, Jr. at the 24th Judicial District Court. She also interned at the Orleans Parish City Attorney’s Office, the Jefferson Parish Attorney’s Office – Contracts Departments, the Louisiana Civil Justice Center, and the New Orleans Museum of Art – Communications, Public Relations, and Marketing Department.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Jessica served as a law clerk and attorney advisor to the Honorable Chief Judge Lee J. Romero, Jr. in the United States Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges. She then moved into private practice to represent a variety of clients including large corporations, national insurance companies, and private individuals in business, commercial, insurance, and construction litigation.
- "A Study in Salvage" - Article, Loyola Maritime Journal, Volume 18: Winter 2019
- "Accio Due Process: Solving the Due Process Crisis in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter" - Law & Literature Comment, Loyola Law Review, May 2018
- "Buying Into the Magic: Brand Loyalty Among Disney Vacation Club Members" - Thesis, Loyola University New Orleans Monroe Library, May 2015
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Jefferson Chamber Young Professionals
Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2018
- William L. Crowe, Sr. Scholar for Top Ten Percent Designation (2018)
- Loyola Law Review Editorial Board
- Managing Editor of Substance and Citation (2017-2018)
- Member (2016-2018)
- Loyola Moot Court
- Runner-Up Best Brief - Appellate Brief Competition (2016)
- Staff Member (2016-2018)
Loyola University New Orleans
Bachelor of Business Administration, magna cum laude, 2015
- University Honors Program