- Email: Alex.Herman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 612.428.5023
- Fax: 612.428.5001
Alex Herman is an associate in the Minneapolis office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice. Alex has quickly established himself as a formidable force in construction litigation and personal injury defense. His tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile for his clients has led to multiple wins by summary judgment throughout the State of Minnesota. He has been instrumental in working with sophisticated clients and expert engineers necessary to resolve complex litigated matters, including catastrophic roof collapses and retaining wall failures.
Alex regularly represents businesses, retailers, contractors, and individuals throughout all phases of civil litigation. Alex frequently lectures on topics related to construction work and personal injury, regularly presenting to insurance professionals and retailers on the intricacies of indemnification, coverage, risk management, and the judicial process.
Alex received his J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2016, where he was Captain and Vice President of the Fighting Mondales ice hockey team and an editor of the Minnesota Law Review. He received his B.A. in Political Science from the University at Buffalo.
In his spare time, Alex officiates youth ice hockey in Minnesota District 3.
Issue-Spotting Construction Defect Litigation: Basic and Frequently Litigated CD Concepts, Bench & Bar Minnesota, Jan. 2018, at 10.
Cobb, Strecker, Dunphy & Zimmerman Claim Academy: What Your Lawyer Wants You to Know About Managing Your Construction Litigation Risks, Minneapolis, MN, Nov. 6, 2019.
State Bar Admissions
- North Dakota
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
University of Minnesota Law School
Juris Doctor, 2016
- Article Submissions Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Best Brief, Legal Writing and Statutory Interpretation
- Honors, Legal Writing and Statutory Interpretation
- "A" Dean's List
University at Buffalo
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2012
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of claims against general contractor of indoor water park for property damage exceeding $6 million arising from the collapse of the water park roof.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of personal injury claims against manufacturer of agriculture equipment which fell on plaintiff. A jury later found the other defendants were severally liable for damages exceeding $2.3 million.
- Obtained order for judgment as a matter of law on behalf of installer of HVAC unit at conciliation court trial of property damage dispute.
- Obtained appellate order affirming the district court's order staying arbitration on adverse parties' joint motion to compel arbitration based on three alleged agreements to arbitrate.
- Resolved dozens of other personal injury and property damage disputes to the satisfaction of clients, including general contractors, subcontractors, restaurants, insurers, property managers, and operators of motor vehicles, equipment, and recreational facilities.
- Represented clients in multiple arbitrations.