- Email: Jenifer.Hassell@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.281.5234
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Jenifer Hassell is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. She practices in the area of healthcare law, which includes civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and regulatory matters. She litigates cases in both the Superior Court and administrative law proceedings.
She has dedicated much of her practice to defending health providers, medical facilities, and long term care facilities against a variety of matters including claims of negligence, medical malpractice, wrongful death, abuse/neglect, breach of contract, fraud, wrongful business practices, product liability, and premise liability, among others.
She provides crisis management support and advises her clients as to issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of healthcare facilities and compliance with healthcare regulations. She is dedicated to improving the quality of care of her clients and provides her clients with additional strategies and tools for future risk reduction.
She has prepared and argued winning briefs and pleadings in significant cases. Her detail-oriented and strategic approach has helped achieve countless successful case resolutions on behalf of her clients.
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Barry Russell, United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
- Judicial Extern in the United States Attorneys Office Tax Division
Assisted in the research and drafting of a supplement letter brief for Duick v. Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (2011) 198 Cal.App.4th 1316.
Volunteer, the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce, Ready to Learn program
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
USDC for Central District of California
Awards & Honors
- Board of Governors, Moot Court Honors Program
- Semi Finalist, Tulane University National Moot Court Competition
- 2nd Place Brief, Tulane University National Moot Court Competition
Southwestern Law School