- Email: Asra.Hashmi@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 412.250.7304
- Fax: 412.567.5494
Asra Hashmi is an associate in the Pittsburgh office of Lewis Brisbois. She focuses her practice on General Liability and Corporate litigation.
Ms. Hashmi’s experience includes Commercial, Premises Liability, and General Liability litigation. She has successfully argued numerous dispositive motions and routinely negotiates favorable settlements for her clients. Ms. Hashmi has also counseled employers, insurers and third-party administrators in all aspects of defending workers’ compensation claims, and advises employers on workplace risk and exposure mitigation techniques. Ms. Hashmi has a unique understanding and approach to the business environment based on her eight years of corporate experience, including human resources, business-to-business, and government transactions, while working for one of the largest wireless carriers in the nation.
Ms. Hashmi received both her J.D. and B.S. in Finance from Duquesne University. While in law school, she received several accolades for her achievements in trial advocacy. In January 2019, she was selected by the Allegheny County Bar Association Federal Bar Section to receive a scholarship to the University of Virginia Trial Advocacy College in Charlottesville, Virginia. She continues to be an active member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, where she serves as an elected member of the Young Lawyer’s Division Council, chairs the Diversity Committee, and sits on the committees for Diversity & Inclusion and Women in the Law.
Ms. Hashmi’s community involvement includes volunteering with the National Kidney Foundation and the Special Olympics. She is an alumnus of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the FBI Citizen’s Academy and serves as a mentor for the Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer, National Kidney Foundation
- Volunteer, Special Olympics
State Bar Admissions
State Supreme Courts
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA)
- Allegheny County Bar Association(ACBA)
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association, Board of Governors
Awards & Honors
- University of Virginia Trial Advocacy College
Duquesne University School of Law
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award
- Katie Elisabeth Westbrook Award
- Louis L. Manderino Honor Society
Bachelor of Science in Finance