- Email: Peter.Harris@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5554
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Peter F. Harris is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and chair of the Banking & Finance Practice and chair of the Opinions Committee.
He focuses his practice on the following:
Commercial/Industrial Real Estate Transactions
Retail, office and industrial leasing transactions including leases for space, leases for free-standing buildings, ground leases, licenses, lease amendments, and lease termination agreements.
Acquisitions, sales and exchanges including letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, title analysis and clearance, escrow agreements, closing instructions, and closings (including deeds, bills of sale, assignment and assumption agreements, seller financing instruments, and other closing documents).
Development and construction transactions including development agreements, reciprocal easement agreements, easements for public road access or utility installation and maintenance, owner-contractor agreements, and agreements with design professionals (architects and engineers).
Financial Institutions Law
Construction, bridge, and permanent loans secured by real property assets including loan commitments, loan agreements, promissory notes, deeds of trust, security agreements, fixture filings, loan guaranties, assignments of leases and rents, and other loan documents.
Revolving lines of credit secured by accounts receivable, inventory, equipment and other personal property including perfection of security interests under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Workouts of distressed loans including pre-negotiation agreements, forbearance agreements, loan restructurings, and amendments of loan documents.
Opinions of counsel including enforceability opinions and due incorporation opinions.
Provide practical, strategic and tactical advice in the area of consumer finance as reform continues to challenge our clients including banks, finance companies and credit card issuers. Review of client products for practices that could be found to be unfair, deceptive or abusive under the Federal and state overlay of consumer laws and regulations including the Consumer Protection Act (incorporating Truth-in-Lending and Regulation Z), the Equal Credit opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, Fair Credit Debt Collection Practices Act, California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure Act.
Mr. Harris represents financial institutions, public agencies, shopping center owners/operators/developers, chain store owners/operators, and international, national and regional business organizations. Over the course of his 35-year legal career, and in addition to his years in private practice emphasizing the practice areas above, Mr. Harris has been in-house counsel for a financial institution, staff counsel for a Federal regulator of financial institutions (the Resolution Trust Corporation), and approved outside counsel for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. In addition, Mr. Harris formerly owned and operated a title insurance agency, and has been a continuing education lecturer in the areas of office leasing transactions, commercial real estate acquisitions, and workouts of distressed commercial real estate loans.
- August 31, 2018 Lewis Brisbois Closes Private Jet Engine Company Sale
- Representation of a community redevelopment agency in the development of a 14-story Class “A” office building, a neighborhood shopping center and an affordable senior housing facility.
- Representation of an international car manufacturer in the acquisition and development of numerous sites for research and development facilities, for vehicle retention facilities, and for vehicle testing facilities.
- Representation of a regional grocery store chain in the leasing of store sites, and in the acquisition, development and financing of store sites.
- Representation of a financial institution in numerous major commercial loan transactions including real estate construction and permanent loans, revolving lines of credit secured by accounts receivable, inventory and equipment, and workouts of distressed commercial real estate loans.
- Representation of a national business organization in the leasing of over 500,000 square feet of Class “A” office space in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, and other cities.
- California Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- Building Industries Association
The Akron University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1981
Youngstown State University
Bachelor of Science, 1977